By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone: Shadow Fall 1080p lawsuit settled under undisclosed terms

Eddie_Raja said:

I mean they did, and then people freaked out.  The problem is that people are freaking out over something they don't understand. The resolution of the MP isn't as simple as "Not" being 1080p.

You're not wrong there. It's by no means a perfect technique, but it's a bit silly how many use it as a basis to argue [x] or [y] without actually understanding the process that goes into generating that simulated 1080p image. I've seen some go as far as to completely ignore the post-render process and refer to it as a raw 960x1080 image (only 12.5% higher than 720p).

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Eddie_Raja said:

I mean they did, and then people freaked out.  The problem is that people are freaking out over something they don't understand. The resolution of the MP isn't as simple as "Not" being 1080p.

You're not wrong there. It's by no means a perfect technique, but it's a bit silly how many use it as a basis to argue [x] or [y] without actually understanding the process that goes into generating that simulated 1080p image. I've seen some goes as far as to completely ignore the post-render process and refer to it as a raw 960x1080 image (only 12.5% higher than 720p).

I HAVE TOO!  And that is completely idiotic.  It was somewhat apparent to me while playing that the MP looked less sharp, but it never EVER looked like anything close to 720p or even 900p.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

*wrong thread*

Nicely done Micro$oft

Well... I suppose there is a lesson to be learned in all of this.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay