By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - [Confirmed] Valve has no oversight for its own platform

NiKKoM said:
They ain't making Half Life 3, they ain't checking games on greenlight.. What work do Valve employees actually do?

Make hats for TF2 and Dota 2.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
vivster said:
NiKKoM said:
They ain't making Half Life 3, they ain't checking games on greenlight.. What work do Valve employees actually do?

Counting money.

Lika boss!!!

Is Valve doing what Google is doing with the Android Market? Like let the devs release their games no matter what it is and then if someone reports it, then its the only time they will take action.

Goatseye said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Yeah, the fact that that game got greenlighted really baffled me.

I mean I get that not everyone likes gays, transgenders, etc. but that game took it to a whole new level.

I just hope Valve can improve their system, and make sure that there's actual quality control.

Isn't that what MS tried to do for X1 and Indie devs raised a tihs storm?

Well, considering some of the low quality games that made it through greenlight, and considering how offensive this game is, I think it's a sign that some sort of improvement to the system is necessary.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Goatseye said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Yeah, the fact that that game got greenlighted really baffled me.

I mean I get that not everyone likes gays, transgenders, etc. but that game took it to a whole new level.

I just hope Valve can improve their system, and make sure that there's actual quality control.

Isn't that what MS tried to do for X1 and Indie devs raised a tihs storm?

From my understanding, the main problems with MS' "curation" were things like the parity clause which helped nobody. What they were doing was preventing games from releasing because they released on other platforms first.

There is a big difference between that and a little quality control...

Around the Network

Between this, and the paid mods thing, I'm starting to get worried about Steam. Hopefully they learn their lesson and start giving a shit about what goes into Steam, otherwise, I might consider changing where I download my games. By the way, that game is fucking disgusting, I hope that it falls into oblivion where it belongs.

I'm now filled with determination.

sundin13 said:

From my understanding, the main problems with MS' "curation" were things like the parity clause which helped nobody. What they were doing was preventing games from releasing because they released on other platforms first.

There is a big difference between that and a little quality control...

You're offside bruh!

MS wanted them to get a publisher and if they couldn't find one, they could've published with MS Studios.

And the parity deal issue was blown out of its real proportion, MS said that they work with devs, case by case.

alternine said:
Not defending the game(looks like trash) but if this was 10 or 15 years ago no one would care lol

I'm pretty sure people would've cared. Would the overwhelming majority care? No. But gays still existed 10-15 years ago; they're just more accepted now.

Not like that matters anyway. It's like me lynching an African American and saying "If this was 100 years ago, no one would care." Doesn't make it any less fucked up.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

1. Just because we don't like something doesn't mean someone out there won't

2. We can just choose to ignore these kinds of games. It's not like it hurts us that they are on steam. 

This is Some sick twisted persons life work and who are we to take that away from that sick twisted freak of nature that should be force fed his own shit? So let's be civil and allow freedom of expression for this disgusting sack of feces, because In the U.S, Ireland or the UK, they have that freedom to be said piece of belly button fluff, dipped in shit, licked by a thousand nuns and then pasted with ass cream from Cher that created this game.

Skullwaker said:
alternine said:
Not defending the game(looks like trash) but if this was 10 or 15 years ago no one would care lol

I'm pretty sure people would've cared. Would the overwhelming majority care? No. But gays still existed 10-15 years ago; they're just more accepted now.

Not like that matters anyway. It's like me lynching an African American and saying "If this was 100 years ago, no one would care." Doesn't make it any less fucked up.

100 years ago no one would've cared. At the turn of the century, it averaged 150-200 lynching a year, it was legal.

Maybe rape until 1950's?