By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are You With Or Against Bird Hunting?

RCTjunkie said:
generic-user-1 said:

because those are migrating birds. thats just not cool.

I personally fail to see what migrating has to do with shooting them. If the population is still strongly intact and there's no scientific studies showing any ecological harm in hunting them, I don't see why we have to ban people from hunting them.

the decission should be made not by one nation, but by all nations the birds life in.

Around the Network

No, dammit.
I love birds

Are the species being hunted in danger of going extinct? Doubtful as it probably would of already been banned, let people do what they want.

NiKKoM said:
I have this policy if they shoot first you can shoot back... Damn those pigeons with their 9mm

is that slang for pigeon shit?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

People should be allowed to do what they want as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. If you want to shoot some wild birds then go for it.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network

Feel a majority of gamers have never experienced this kind of lifestyle and do not know many people apart of it. Deer hunting, bird hunting, frog hunting and many more are just a part of people's lives; their hobbies.

I personally do not care, they are not going extinct or anything. If killing birds is wrong by you then why is killing insects or anything living any different? There are much bigger issues with in the realm of poaching that are far more concerning.

Those hunters should have THEIR guts removed.

If they were hunting for food I'd be ok with it, but if they're just killing it "for fun" then I'm against it. It's absolutely pointless to kill something just to kill it.

I don't understand hunting if you're not going to eat it. I mean that would just be a waste.

StarOcean said:
If they were hunting for food I'd be ok with it, but if they're just killing it "for fun" then I'm against it. It's absolutely pointless to kill something just to kill it.

It is fun for them.  Challenging.  Studying the birds paths and knowing when and where to be.  It is just as pointless to play video games, but it is entertaining.  Same logic applies to people that enjoy hunting.  Its just one of their hobbies.  Idc either way, but their are millions that enjoy it.