By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you get Metal Gear Solid games?

Do you?

No 30 22.56%

Yes 103 77.44%

Total:133
Kyuu said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Kojima is the greatest developer of all time IMO. Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear Solid is an incredible series a top 10 for me.... which is funny cause I actually suck at it (I am terrible at stealth lol).

Metal Gear Solid has incredible gameplay, a great story, great attention to detail, awesome production values.... simply an AAAA franchise.

By the way SSX is also awesome. I hope to see a new SSX game soon.

He was a great designer ever since his first game, Penguin Adventure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq5_c2UCQdM

If you didn't play this, get yourself an MSX emulator and do it now!

Lol! That penguin game looks awesome.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

I have tried, many times, and i just can't get into them. I feel like a bad gamer

I've never had a problem with any of the MGS games control/camera and I follow the story just fine. But that's when I'm actually play it as I probably forgotten most of the story right now and would need a recap.

The game deserves the praise it recieves but it's ok if you don't see the same way.  Everybody has different taste =)

Kyuu said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
Kojima is the greatest developer of all time IMO. Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear Solid is an incredible series a top 10 for me.... which is funny cause I actually suck at it (I am terrible at stealth lol).

Metal Gear Solid has incredible gameplay, a great story, great attention to detail, awesome production values.... simply an AAAA franchise.

By the way SSX is also awesome. I hope to see a new SSX game soon.

He was a great designer ever since his first game, Penguin Adventure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq5_c2UCQdM

If you didn't play this, get yourself an MSX emulator and do it now!

>great designer

That heart makes it even easier than an invisibility star, and it lasts WAY TOO LONG. 

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

m0ney said:
Eddie_Raja said:
However keep in mind that some of those games are over a decade old, and so are their controls.

I play 10+ years old games all the time and most of them aged well so it's not an excuse. The classic Splinter Cell games have great controls for example, I can't get enough of those 4 games while MGS I have to force myself just for the controls alone.

Well that's where we are just not gonna agree with you lol.  I will agree that the controls are different, and that MGS1's controls did age pretty horribly, but once you get used to them it isn't bad.  I still have no problem going back and tearing through MGS2.

If the controls bother you I reccomend starting with MGS4 and then going through 1, then 2, and then 3.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network

It's supposed to be "realistic" in many ways. If you're really trying to hide in grass, you won't be able to see your surroundings very much. That's the downside of keeping yourself hidden. If it rains, there will be drops of water on your sniper rifle sights and so on, you get the point. I think it all makes sense and I never had a problem with seeing or with the controls. What I *didn't* get sometimes was the underlying story behind the plot, sometimes it got a little too metaphysical to really grasp in the middle of gunfire and explosions :)

It's a a game based on a relatively reliastic setting that revolves around Japanese mecha robots. 

.- -... -.-. -..

Absolutely loved 1 and 3, and the older games.

I stomached through MGS2 even though I hated it, and I could barely get into MGS4.

The mechanics of the franchise are just too dated for me, the gameplay too primitive. I haven't played the MGSV "demo" or whatever that you can buy, I am hoping it changes things up.

PieToast said:

It's a a game based on a relatively reliastic setting that revolves around Japanese mecha robots. 

And crotch-grabbing.

Yes, I get it and I am better than you because of that.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"