By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Witcher III Long Load Times on PS4

New details and information from The Witcher 3 is being revealed as we approach the game’s launch. First of all Neogaf user darkkain who got his hand on PSX Extreme, a polish video games magazine, has revealed that the PS4 version has long loading times whenever the main character dies or if the player selects to fast travel anywhere. The magazine revealed that it takes around 40 seconds to the load game back.

CD Projekt have acknowledged in the past that there will be loading screens whenever the player dies or selects the fast travel option but did not mentioned how long it will take to get back into the game. Hopefully this will be fixed in a day one patch.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/the-witcher-3-ps4-loading-times-are-around-40-seconds-new-1080p60fps-videos-show-stunning-details#5JY5VeEWZYCBgoYo.99

I would also assume this means Xbox One has long load times ^  And if you click on the link there is two great looking videos of Witcher III running on PC btw

Around the Network

I don't think anyone ever expected this game to not have long load times, really. Doesn't make it look any less awesome but if you're making something so ambitious then you're going to have to pay somewhere.

Having said that there's ways around this. So it's not the end of the world.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

RolStoppable said:
Just install the game to the HDD. Problem solved.

???

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

I think its because of the open world design that the load times become so long when a break in play is needed or an area that's not loaded in memory needs to be loaded instantly.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

RolStoppable said:

All PS4 games are installed to HDD?  Same with XBO.  Am i wrong here? 

Around the Network

impossibru, sony has killed load times.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

JayWood2010 said:

Yep, they are. I don't think Rol was serious.

JayWood2010 said:
RolStoppable said:

No, you are right, and you have just made me think, PS4 games are playable after a minute or two of installing... Obviously when you are playing in the first hour or more, the game is still being installed in the background. If this 40 second figure is from the first couple of hours playing, it could be misleading.

I don't see the PC being significantly faster to load unless it has an SSD, especially when playing at the max settings with all the 4K quality textures being loaded, etc.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

I guess this will be a trend as the generation goes on. 4 to 16 times the data to load compared to last gen, same speed HDD, no help from the blu-ray drive this time.
Next gen better come with fast SSD drives and SATA 6 GB/s
I know it's not comparable to open world yet those 15 sec load times for DriveClub start looking more and more incredible.

I don't remember dying a lot in the Witcher 2, so it shouldn't be a problem.

JayWood2010 said:
RolStoppable said:

he be trolling.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!