By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "This is not a dream! What's happening to this place!?" A Silent Hill sales thread in honor of Silent Hills

First thing i did coming to this thread is ctrl+f "DownHILL". I'm disappointed.

OT what's even more sad than a franchise dying is looking at the numbers and seeing that quality did not translate into sales.

Around the Network

Surprising how low some of those sales are. I can only tell you that Silent Hill games seem quite popular in Europe, by my account at least. I still see some of the older ones being sold, and haven't met any gamer who didn't know about the series, even a lot of non gamers do. And people really like talking about the games, I guess they really burrow into their minds.

The movies did pretty good in Europe too.

SH 4 and 2 actually had also Xbox releases
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Silent+Hill

Ruler said:
SH 4 and 2 actually had also Xbox releases
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Silent+Hill

Yes Ruler, I say that in the OP.

Come on.

Do you remember the "Month of Madness"?

The problem here is named KONAMI

Silent hill deserves much more.

Around the Network
estebxx said:
i never knew of this low sales, im really surprised by this after seeing so many people that know about the games not just in the internet but a lot of my friends are fan of them as well, and now that i think about this its really funny for me that this series isn't considered niche when its best selling game (SH2) only sold 1.6 million... and only 2 games (the very first two) sold over a million.

but then we have people saying that the "Souls" series is niche when games like Demons Souls sold 1.77 million without being part of an already established franchise (like SH2) and without any sort of marketing (the thing was basically a stealth release), not even necessary to mention Dark Souls which sold 3 million...

but im sure someone will tell me that the game is niche because its not pulling out FIFA or COD numbers... yeah because game needs those sales to not be niche...

anyway a game with the quality of P.T would have easily sold over a million and im pretty sure it would have turned out the best selling SH game to date, but well Konami fucked everything up

it sold less by the time but became now highly popular, even the poor optimized Silent Hill HD collection with different Voice actors and a huge community backclash sold 450k units. SH defeniatly could sell millions if its done right like the original games.