By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Tsutaya Monthy Game Rankings - April 2015

Does this ranking count bundled SW numbers?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:
Downanime00 said:

If people are expected XCX number to be high, you will probably be disappointing. OP: PW3 is number 6 and it's out for a very long time but it's still way above XCX. Last week OP: PW3 sold only 4.7k(Media Creates) so epect XCX number to be low.

This are numbers for the whole month, not just a week, of course One Piss will be higher that game has been available for more than a month, and judging by tsutaya's weekly rankings is very popular among its costumers.

Oops, sorry, didn't realize it was monthly ranking.  My bad.

NO, i did not know they do this!

I cant really tell if the position they are in are really good, without any sales numbers. BUT! Glad to see Bravely Second up high ( since it had less points in COMG )

Pocky Lover Boy! 

KyleeStrutt said:
Downanime00 said:

If people are expected XCX number to be high, you will probably be disappointing. OP: PW3 is number 6 and it's out for a very long time but it's still way above XCX. Last week OP: PW3 sold only 4.7k(Media Creates) so epect XCX number to be low.

This are numbers for the whole month, not just a week, of course One Piss will be higher that game has been available for more than a month, and judging by tsutaya's weekly rankings is very popular among its costumers.

Kylle  you're an adept,so don't say me that you think like many people here that just because for instance xc 3D  is above xcx in ranking it will be above in media create and the other trackers too!:P

It's an indicator though but as I said and proved it'S imperfect!:P

I started shivering when I saw the results,thus I did a comparision with ranking and sales to be relieved as I saw that it's not an  accurate indicator....As in february's ranking,it had Dragon quest hero ps3 which had sold 322k monthly was first in ranking,and god eater 2nd which has sold 268k monthly was second in ranking and The legend of Zelda majora's mask third which has sold 347K  monthly was third in ranking while in sales  it was 1st(Well I knew that media create/famitsu sales e.t.c draw a different picture from tsutaya but in weekly mode,so I wanted to be sure about the monthly mode...)I'm still afraid because it might be flawed but it's an indicator,particularly in its monthly mode....

XCX could be  quite higher in sales and there is a strong base for that but it could be as much as tsutaya implies because it's not a terrible indicator just not very accurate...

Xenoblade's place is on the chart isn't really a big deal. We recently saw Type-0 and Bloodborne lower on the chart, but doing much better on Media Create and Famitsu.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Around the Network

So this ranking basically only rank the numbers of Sales for the month of April only? If I add and subtract sales from end of march to the latest sale of April for OP: PW3, it's so far only sales 45k this month only but i will add another 5k for the coming week which is around 50k for the whole month of April. Which mean that anything below OP: PW3 should be less then 50k. This is just my speculation so don't get mad at me. I could be completely wrong so don't quote me on it.

Downanime00 said:
So this ranking basically only rank the numbers of Sales for the month of April only? If I add and subtract sales from end of march to the latest sale of April for OP: PW3, it's so far only sales 45k this month only but i will add another 5k for the coming week which is around 50k for the whole month of April. Which mean that anything below OP: PW3 should be less then 50k. This is just my speculation so don't get mad at me. I could be completely wrong so don't quote me on it.

Tsutaya =/= Media Create or Famitsu. Some items are very popular on Tsutaya but don't end up being the best selling games of the week on Media Create and vice versa. 

It's actually impossible for XCX to be lower than 50k because in the Import Thread, it was shown that approximately 60k online players had beaten a boss about 2 hours into the game (and of course that number will be different depending on how much people explore).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Downanime00 said:

Tsutaya =/= Media Create or Famitsu. Some items are very popular on Tsutaya but don't end up being the best selling games of the week on Media Create and vice versa. 

It's actually impossible for XCX to be lower than 50k because in the Import Thread, it was shown that approximately 60k online players had beaten a boss about 2 hours into the game (and of course that number will be different depending on how much people explore).

Yup, look like you're right.  Let's pretend I never said anything.

With some calculations, XCX sold no less than 75k. DQX U ~90k. Congrats, I think

Click HERE and be happy 

Downanime00 said:
Yup, look like you're right.  Let's pretend I never said anything.

You got it.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread