By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top Fails From Articles/Journalism/Etc Regarding NINTENDO!

Just to Name a few.... (Copy format and i'll copy paste an article here in OP!!!

★"Mario Kart 8 will likely be the worst-selling game in franchise history, here's why"

Polygon: Dave Tach (March 2014) http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/15/5718168/mario-kart-series-sales

[Highlights/Fails]

→Mario Kart 8 sales would reach 1.99 million units by the end of March 2015. 

→Mario Kart will sell 1.26mil going by an attach ratio of 20% (6.17mil WiiU figure)

★"HISTORY SAYS THE 3DS IS DOOMED"

IGN: JACK DEVRIES (Summer 2011) http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/07/29/history-says-the-3ds-is-doomed

[Highlights/Fails]

→Basically 3DS failing Badly like other HW with quick price cuts!

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Did you really need to randomly start a flame-war thread like this?

Flame War? O.o This has nothing to do with Sony/MS...... Well at least 80%+ wont.

I agree with raccoon guy. Theres really no reason to make this thread other than to start flame wars.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

"Top Fails From Articles/Journalism/Etc Regarding NINTENDO!"

Only one article listed :|

Also, why is the article a failure? Can you explain why for the uninformed?

alternine said:
I agree with raccoon guy. Theres really no reason to make this thread other than to start flame wars.

Says the guy who comes into every XCX thread? O.o

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
tbone51 said:

Flame War? O.o This has nothing to do with Sony/MS...... Well at least 80%+ wont.

Flame war isn't necessarily related to console war. This is flame war because you're bashing journalists because they said something negative and wrong about Nintendo. No need to be so defensive about your favorite gaming company... to be honest, they get both positive and negative stuff right and wrong on several occasions. It's a flaw with journalism when they try too hard to predict too much, but it happens with everyone. Consciously or not, you're doing this because the Wii U is a failure and you need to find a way to defend it.

Thankfully, I'm past that. I actually met several people who are Nintendo fans like me and now I play live Smash Bros. almost every week and it's a lot of fun, so usually I just forget we're a tiny group in the grand scope of things.

Edit: but looking at that projection, I gotta say that Mario Kart 8 prediction was pretty damn stupid. Why in the world would it sell at handheld MK levels? It was obviously going to have more attach rate than any handheld title and most MK titles altogether.

Actually was just doing this for fun, was going to make a Sony+MS thread separately later too. Its more of a fun way to look back on Failed write ups. Nothing More, nothing less :p Especially when nothing Negative came out for Nintendo recently so it would be random making a thread to defend nintendo of something negative which that something hasnt happened!!! Well Yet :0

This is going nowhere fast. This thread will only serve as a platform for flaming the media and each other. Locking.