By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which game will sell better, Splatoon or Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Add Poll: Which game will sell better, Splatoon or Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Splatoon. 380 52.85%

Xenoblade Chronicles X. 258 35.88%

Tie. 37 5.15%

Neither. People is saving... 44 6.12%

Total:719

I ll be adding to the sales of Xenoblade.
(however I feel like if it was ported to xb1 & ps4, the sales would be much higher).

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
(however I feel like if it was ported to xb1 & ps4, the sales would be much higher).

Well yeah, any game that would come out on three systems instead of just one would sell much higher.... True.

JRPGfan said:

The original Xenoblade had a very limited release and still outsold a number of JRPGs on 360 and PS3 so I have my doubts on what you're saying tbh.

Wyrdness said:
JRPGfan said:

The original Xenoblade had a very limited release and still outsold a number of JRPGs on 360 and PS3 so I have my doubts on what you're saying tbh.

Yeah, I don't think it would have blown up on any specific console. I think it has as good of shot on Wii U as it would on any other system.

The Wii U user base is just too small.
If it sold on the PS4 & XB1 aswell, its sales could probably double what it ll do on the Wii U alone.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
If it sold on the PS4 & XB1 aswell, its sales could probably double what it ll do on the Wii U alone.

Speculation, and with looking at the numbers for Tales Of and Persona it doesn't really paint a great picture to support your statement. 

Very interesting question!!!

Xenoblade for the Wii U is a the next game in its franchise, while Splatoon is a NEW IP. BUT! I did heard that it was very rare to find a copy of Xenoblade on Wii.

But! I would say Splatoon. I think it will or probably did, stand out from the shooting games we are getting. And the Amiibo compatibility that is getting could somehow improve it sales. Like looking at the stores and seeing the inkiling amiibo, will make the consumers get interest to it.

In the end, i do hope both sells above expectations.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

JRPGfan said:

I dont know what your point is......

But if that did happen, this question/topic/thread would not have been existed. Even if we just count the Wii U sales, it would still be unfair. People who onws multiple consoles will most likely pick the better one ( PS4 )

Pocky Lover Boy! 

my point.... well I ll be sad if splatoons sells more.
Think how much work goes into makeing both of these games?

Xenoblade deserves to do really well.

Splatoon will sell slightly better than XCX, but ultimately both will have meh sales.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---