By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Direct 7th May

osed125 said:

I'm just seeing people ranting all over the place, there's nothing in the OP and I'm too lazy to check the whole thread.

Why are people so mad? can someone summarize it? seems like its a lack of content thing but don't know the specifics 

At launch we get the following:

Singleplayer campaign of 28 short levels.

One multiplayer mode: turf war (splat zone will be unlocked shortly after)

5 multiplayer maps.

Over the course of the Summer we get the following free dlc:

Tower multiplayer mode: this is like capture the flag, but with a new spin.

Rainmaker multiplayer mode: no information available as of now.

9 new multiplayer maps

A couple of new weapons

--

I'm basically pissed because the content of this game is shallow at best when it will launch.

Around the Network

It's somewhat disappointing that Nintendo wants $60 for an incomplete game at launch. We can create any excuse that we want for it, but an incomplete game is still incomplete.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

RolStoppable said:
osed125 said:

I'm just seeing people ranting all over the place, there's nothing in the OP and I'm too lazy to check the whole thread.

Why are people so mad? can someone summarize it? seems like its a lack of content thing but don't know the specifics 

Nintendo decided to release the game with locked content, so only one mode and five maps will be available for online multiplayer. Supposedly another two modes and nine maps will be made available for free from June to August.

Maybe Nintendo wants players to get accustomed to the gameplay, maybe they want things to be easier for the servers. Whatever the reason is, not all of the content will be available in the beginning.

EDIT: Oh, another possible reason, aside from the content hasn't been finished yet, is that Nintendo wants to space it out over summer to have something new for Wii U owners every month.

I see, thanks.

As long as those DLC are free I don't see what the complain is all about. I can understand the high price entry point though.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Samus Aran said:
osed125 said:

5 multiplayer maps.

9 new multiplayer maps

A couple of new weapons

--

I'm basically pissed because the content of this game is shallow at best when it will launch.

Like I said, as long as it's free, I think is fine honestly. If you think the entry price is too high, just wait until those DLCs are out (you can probably get it for lower the original price at that point anyway).

Nintendo and PC gamer

I am really happy with what they are putting out in the launch/first month.

The only thing i missed was a Team Deathmatch mode, which would be fairly easy to make. I just hope i can get one of those Amiibos, those are the first i really want.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
Samus Aran said:

5 multiplayer maps.

9 new multiplayer maps

A couple of new weapons

--

Like I said, as long as it's free, I think is fine honestly. If you think the entry price is too high, just wait until those DLCs are out (you can probably get it for lower the original price at that point anyway).

It's not that. I just think it's a dumb tactic and I fear the game will bomb critically and commercially.

I'd gladly pay $60 vfor the game if I got everything at launch. I don't like the precedent this could create for Nintendo. I like it when my games launch finished.

I also feel like Nintendo treats us as idiots. Remember the dvd that accompanied SMG2? It was insulting.

Samus Aran said:
osed125 said:

It's not that. I just think it's a dumb tactic and I fear the game will bomb critically and commercially.

I'd gladly pay $60 vfor the game if I got everything at launch. I don't like the precedent this could create for Nintendo. I like it when my games launch finished.

I also feel like Nintendo treats us as idiots. Remember the dvd that accompanied SMG2? It was insulting.

Critically, highly doubt it will matter. Commercially, the game will flop with or without the full content.

What precedent will that create for Nintendo? The Wii U alone has that job covered, a single game won't change that.

Nintendo and PC gamer

omg siiiiick. can't wait to play. loving the different guns