By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Direct 7th May

Samus Aran said:
Wyrdness said:
Really don't get the issue here as I see this approach on PCs often, it makes sense as they want Splatoon to be an MK like title with one release each gen so content being released over the gen for free for community growth suits that vision well. It's actually a well thought out strategy.

How many PC gamers buy full priced games?

*rolls eyes* here we go.  From people I know?  Quite a number. Genres like MMOs and RTSs couldn't thrive on PC if PC gamers were all a bunch of cheapskates.  

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Samus Aran said:

*rolls eyes* here we go.  From people I know?  Quite a number. Genres like MMOs and RTSs couldn't thrive on PC if PC gamers were all a bunch of cheapskates.  

Splatoon is an MMO now? It has monthly subscriptions?

Goodnightmoon said:
Wyrdness said:
Really don't get the issue here as I see this approach on PCs often, it makes sense as they want Splatoon to be an MK like title with one release each gen so content being released over the gen for free for community growth suits that vision well. It's actually a well thought out strategy.

Agree. I think there´s only 2 persons here concerned about it, but they are loud. And for what I´m seeing people on the internet is happy about this direct.  Splatoon seems more promising than ever on the online side.

Yeah I think we should focus on how awesome the new weapons they showed are, how great the hub and characters look, how refreshing the gameplay is, the fun music, how amazing that tower mode could be, how it's nice those minigames during matchmaking are.

Sure it doesn't have that much online content at the start but it will arrive fairly soon after release, it's free, and we have turf war and single player to hold us over while waiting a little longer. 

Also, the game is only €40 so it's not even full price

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Curmudgeon said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Agree. I think there´s only 2 persons here concerned about it, but they are loud. And for what I´m seeing people on the internet is happy about this direct.  Splatoon seems more promising than ever on the online side.

Yeah I think we should focus on how awesome the new weapons they showed are, how great the hub and characters look, how refreshing the gameplay is, the fun music, how amazing that tower mode could be, how it's nice those minigames during matchmaking are.

Sure it doesn't have that much online content at the start but it will arrive fairly soon after release, it's free, and we have turf war and single player to hold us over while waiting a little longer. 

40$? Is that confirmed? O.o

Samus Aran said:
Wyrdness said:

It's not really full price though. €40

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Curmudgeon said:

40$? Is that confirmed? O.o

Dutch retailers seem to think so at least. I can get it for 40 at bol.com (biggest Dutch webshop, like Amazon) and Game Mania (biggest Dutch game store, like Gamestop I imagine)

Edit: at the toy stores Intertoys and Bart Smit it's actually only 38

I wonder what they mean.

Is true, on Spain is only 35 €!!

http://tiendas.mediamarkt.es/p/wii-u-splatoon-1276827

How can anybody be complaining about this game? jeeesus.

6 Hour campaign, Battle Dojo, Turf Mode day 1, splat zones probably on week 1, first event on week 2 and tons of updates, events and dlc free on the future. Is a game that is promising tons of hours of fun with time just for 40$!

RolStoppable said:
Curmudgeon said:

Dutch retailers seem to think so at least. I can get it for 40 at bol.com (biggest Dutch webshop, like Amazon) and Game Mania (biggest Dutch game store, like Gamestop I imagine)

It's also 40 in Austria and on Amazon Germany. The special edition with amiibo costs 60.

Is it a new trend that amiibos are getting more expensive? Yoshi's Woolly World also slaps 20+ Euro on top of the standalone price.

The Wooly World are special though, maybe that's the reason. Also retailers are simply increasing the price. I was in a game store today were they sold somewhat rare Amiibo like Toon Link and Wario for €25. As if scalpers aren't bad enough...

Goodnightmoon said:

Is true, on Spain is only 35 €!!

http://tiendas.mediamarkt.es/p/wii-u-splatoon-1276827

How can anybody be complaining about this game? jeeesus.

6 Hour campaign, Battle Dojo, Turf Mode day 1, splat zones probably on week 1, first event on week 2 and tons of updates, events and dlc free on the future. Is a game that is promising tons of hours of fun with time just for 40$!

I'd like an actual beeffy game for once and not a budget title (which this so obviously is now). But that's apparently all we're going to get with the Wii U from now on.

And no offence, but 13 multiplayer maps and 3 online modes still isn't much for an online shooter.