By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something Is Not Making Sense

You guys on this website help me out.

Obviously it's great to see the PS3 doing well in sales.

However something isnt right on the game sales front. 

Every week the PS3 games dont get into either the European, American or Japanese top 5 sales.(Or Rarely)

Even 360 sold well in Japan this week. Coming 5th, but no PS3 Software there.

It happens regularly no matter how many PS3's are sold. 10.7 mill now. Roughly 7 mill behind, but surely the software should be in top 5 of some area?

Are people really only using it as a Blu Ray Player?

If yes how will this affect sales of games like MGS4?

Call of Duty 4 is still in american chart for 360? 

What do you proffesional sales watchers think? 

Around the Network

it has to have hit sometime...i mean it cant sell well but still get trumped can it?

Enter the ICHC online Poker Cats Contest!

What are you talking about? DMC4 got into the top 5 in every region.

I did say Rarely. Just no where near what 10.7 mill should be doing, Or Am I wrong?

there are many ps3 games in the top 5 in japan and "others" when games were realeased some sold more then 360 titles. also wii 21 million xbox 17 million playstation 10 million.... of course more people are buying more games on the other systems why you ask? because more people have them...... its quite simple really........

Around the Network

If you look at the attach rates it doing exactly the same as the 360 and Wii. The smaller userbase obviously means that games will sell less on the PS3 than the 360 or Wii, what do you expect?

4 of the top 5 in every region are normally reserved for Wii/DS games, leaving one slot in each region for other consoles. Xbox normally has the #5 slot in the US. PS2/PSP in Japan. That leaves the occasional top 5 in Europe for the PS3.

I dont know really? Last Gen even with PS2 so far ahead, Other consoles were still there in Software more regularly.

I personally will buy a PS3 eventually, mostly for the BLu Ray player. I also game so I'll get a few games for it but nowhere near the amount of games I'll buy for my PC or my Wii

The only Games I will definately buy for PS3 are:
GTA4, MGS4, Little Big Planet (maybe)

That's it. I hope Sony makes a bunch of money on Blu Ray Discs cause that's all they're going to sell a ton of

Wii Sports by simply being a pack-in usually takes at least one spot in the top 5 in North America and Europe. Wii Play being a $10 pack-in with a controller usually does the same. So on slow weeks with no major releases and previous major releases having fallen down the charts it's usually just 3 of the top 5 spots up for grabs in North America and Europe.  That in my opinion makes the Wii look like it's doing better in software than it actually is.