By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - An Official Update on the Sales Situation

I think I figured out where the hold up is:

Brett has signed up for The Apprentice, and is currently in the process of competing for 250.000 pounds from Lord Sugar that they will invest into Gamewise.
Since the updates are not done for a while, he must be doing very well, probably made it to the finals.

Good luck, Brett, VGC is cheering you on!

Around the Network

um can we get some reassurance here on not only the numbers but the future of the site just noticed jaywood is gone and everyone is making it sound like his future project is the second coming jesus idk it just feels like in the past 6-12 months the site in general is losing its touch and heading in a downward spiral to extinction

besides the numbers coming back are there going to be any changes to the site like there was when it went to 2.0? is the prediction league coming back, game database, IM, or even other new ideas being introduce whatcha guys doing for E3?

Play Me

Burek said:
I think I figured out where the hold up is:

Brett has signed up for The Apprentice, and is currently in the process of competing for 250.000 pounds from Lord Sugar that they will invest into Gamewise.
Since the updates are not done for a while, he must be doing very well, probably made it to the finals.

Good luck, Brett, VGC is cheering you on!

You can't be serious..

BHR-3 said:
um can we get some reassurance here on not only the numbers but the future of the site just noticed jaywood is gone and everyone is making it sound like his future project is the second coming jesus idk it just feels like in the past 6-12 months the site in general is losing its touch and heading in a downward spiral to extinction

besides the numbers coming back are there going to be any changes to the site like there was when it went to 2.0? is the prediction league coming back, game database, IM, or even other new ideas being introduce whatcha guys doing for E3?

My return was one of the 7 signs of this sites foretold end. The other signs are happening

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Playstation_prophet said:

Why would one person be responsible for everything? This topic is a month old and nothing has changed

Because ioi is the owner, and probablydon't want to risk someone running away with his creation.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

10 phreakin' days since the last sales numbers update and nothing! Not even a USA pre-orders update. This is getting ridiculous. We are mere days from hitting June without a single April sales week. Just chuck all the April weeks into the charts history and post numbers for the first week of May. Then we can have a mega thread and talk about a whole month's worth of sales in one go.

"Soon "for getting back to normal is sure looking more like, "not for a while yet".

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

10 phreakin' days since the last sales numbers update and nothing! Not even a USA pre-orders update. This is getting ridiculous. We are mere days from hitting June without a single April sales week. Just chuck all the April weeks into the charts history and post numbers for the first week of May. Then we can have a mega thread and talk about a whole month's worth of sales in one go.

"Soon "for getting back to normal is sure looking more like, "not for a while yet".

You pretty much said everything I was thinking.

Thanks for the update. We do appreciate it.

binary solo said:

We had NPD for April and all the weeks on Japan, but that wasn't really because of vgc

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
binary solo said:

We had NPD for April and all the weeks on Japan, but that wasn't really because of vgc

Which doesn't give us a global picture at all. US numbers are interesting and all, but to keep track of how the generation is going requires global data.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix