By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft and Sony teaming-up...

Yes, yes, I know it's not a new idea and I know it may be discussed before. But I'd really like to see what people think of it...

Nintendo kicked both Microsoft and Sony's ass, big time. I guess they both learned it's not about having a console hardware masterpiece, not about talkin' sh%t about the other companies. Console wars are now fought for the 2nd place, though the fighting is about hardcore gamers' choice and system, I guess. The 2nd place is interesting for most of hardcore gamers, but we should as well think about this:

Is teamin-up the only way to prevent Nintendo winning the next console war? Wouldn't it be great to have all the hardcore games on just one system? Have some God of War, then Halo or Gears-kick ass and before going to bed play new Tekken or Final Fantasy? Like, that would be so frickin awsome. Just think of it: no exclusives, play it all on one piece of hardware.  No more meaningless rivalry and sh%t-talk about the others.

Sure, may be just dreams, sweet dreams. But should Sony & Microsoft think about it...?

Around the Network

any of the 3 can win next generation...the one who innovates and targets the growing number of casual gamers will win

if sony/ms focus on hardcore gamers' desires, then they will lose again...

four actions framework:

Which of the factors that the industry takes for granted should be eliminated?
Which factors should be reduced well below the industry's standard?
Which factors should be raised well above the industry's standard?
Which factors should be created that the industry has never offered?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Ummmm, no? Nintendo's first party is what saves them from epic failure, but I don't want Sony and MS necessarily working together. If you can keep the 3rd parties away from Ninty, then they fail, just like anybody else.

No. The companies have very different business cultures, not too mention (outside of videogame's) different products and marketing strategy's. It would be cool though. PS720 prehaps...

I'd like to see all three team up and make games for EA's or Apple's consoles. Otherwise, maybe they could just put their 1st party games on the PC (like M$ already does with some).

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

I think you don´t understand why Microsoft created the Xbox. They wanted to compete with Sony for the livingroom.

Microsoft probably doesn´t even care where Nintendo ends up this gen (of course they´d like to beat them) as long as they stay competitive with Sony. They´ll never team up.

Microsoft sees its gameconsole as a good way to get access to digital distribution of films etc. (hence very good online), not just as a gaming device.

that be awesome.... m$ has the online nohow sony has the everything esle nohow. it be better to get nintendo in for a ONE Console future so nintendo can stop making crappy systems (im looking at u wii)

1. MS to sell gaming licenses to Sony for huge profits and MS go back to making PC games and computer software.
2. Sega to re-enter console market with Dreamcast 2.
3. Maybe Apple to enter the console gaming market with I gaming machine.

^ Some of the wonderful rumours people spread, lol. Its highly unlikely MS and Sony will team up on a gaming console. MS entered the video game market just to slow down Sony's dominance by just putting a foot in the door.

the wii is the best console ever...u not liking it doesn't make it crappy

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

This is a really heavy subject for a profile with 10 posts, its the kind that could send sparks into the Vgchartz gastank.

@Fastrabbit09: That is a really redundant comment, there are obviously very many gamers and people in general who don't consider the Wii to be the best console ever. You liking it does not make it fantastic.
In fact; even with the amount of Wii fans in here, I bet you that the majority do not think it the best console in history, my money is on SNES even though I don't think that deserves the title either.