By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft and Sony teaming-up...

Yeah, as far as I remember, there was a time Microsoft could buy (tell me if I'm wrong) Nintendo, but refused, saying their true competition was Sony. And as someone here said before- True, now Sony really is their competition.

@Mummelmann

What exactly do you mean? I've been a lurker for quite some time, just haven't posted a lot. I'm not here to troll and I'm not a fanboy neither. What, should I wait for a year or something, in order to be "worthy"...? lol

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
This is a really heavy subject for a profile with 10 posts, its the kind that could send sparks into the Vgchartz gastank.

@Fastrabbit09: That is a really redundant comment, there are obviously very many gamers and people in general who don't consider the Wii to be the best console ever. You liking it does not make it fantastic.
In fact; even with the amount of Wii fans in here, I bet you that the majority do not think it the best console in history, my money is on SNES even though I don't think that deserves the title either.

yeah, that's my opinion, obviously

partly based on controls, partly based on the fact that u can potentially play every nes, snes, n64, gc, wii, tgfx16, sega master system, sega genesis game on it (in reality they won't all get released, tho)

i can defend my opinion that it's the best console ever...it's not really defendable to call it a 'crappy system' just because u don't personally like it

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

So wait, this generation is over already? Did I miss a meeting?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Bladeneo said:
So wait, this generation is over already? Did I miss a meeting?

I think it´s pretty much a consensus that Wii will win this generation. It´s 5 and 12 million ahead of PS3 and 360 and doesn´t show any sign of slowing. On the contrary, it sells almost as much as both combined for most of the weeks this year, and that was before Brawl was released in the US. MK and WiiFit are yet to come.

I think Wii will be close to 50% marketshare at the end of 2008.

Doesn´t mean it´s over for PS360. I think 40 million + consoles is a very healthy userbase and that´s not out of reach for any of those consoles, though 360 is slowing a bit.

EDIT: 800th post! 

NYANKS said:
Ummmm, no? Nintendo's first party is what saves them from epic failure, but I don't want Sony and MS necessarily working together. If you can keep the 3rd parties away from Ninty, then they fail, just like anybody else.

Keeping third parties away from the Wii is financial suicide. When you have the largest userbase, companies will start pumping out software to get a piece of the pie. You can pay third parties not to support the Wii, but eventually your cash will run out. While theoretically you can keep third parties away (an theoretically Nintendo would fail but there is some strong evidence to the contrary) it is not financially feasible and thus a bad plan of attack.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Dno said:
that be awesome.... m$ has the online nohow sony has the everything esle nohow. it be better to get nintendo in for a ONE Console future so nintendo can stop making crappy systems (im looking at u wii)

What the hell are you even saying? Type properly, please.

EDIT: From the impression of what you may be saying, are you saying "MICROSOFT AND SONY SHOULD TEAM UP AND TEACH NINTENDO A LESSON BECAUSE THEY MADE A CONSOLE I DONT LIKE"?

No one needs to win. They just need to be profitable. It's like defining what would be considered a "win" for a car company, and then saying all the ones that came in second and below should just stop making cars.

There is room in this industry for three companies to be successful.

Forilas said:

Is teamin-up the only way to prevent Nintendo winning the next console war? Wouldn't it be great to have all the hardcore games on just one system? Have some God of War, then Halo or Gears-kick ass and before going to bed play new Tekken or Final Fantasy? Like, that would be so frickin awsome. Just think of it: no exclusives, play it all on one piece of hardware. No more meaningless rivalry and sh%t-talk about the others.

Sure, may be just dreams, sweet dreams. But should Sony & Microsoft think about it...?

You wouldn't have ALL the hardcore games on that system, as you won't be able to play any Zelda, Metroid Prime, No More Heroes, Tales of Symphonia, or any of the great "hardcore" titles released or to be released on Wii...

It's always nice to dream about it, but i don't think a japanese and an american company could work together that well, the problem isn't only the language, it's also a different culture, a different way to think about the business...

Now, what if Sony and Nintendo get together to do THE next-gen system? That would be huge, cos then, we'll miss what... Halo? Most of the 360 titles could be done on the PS3, so all great titles could be released on a Nintendo/Sony console, easily...

Microsoft could then try to work together with EA (there's a rumor about an EA console comin' in 2010): we then would have a 100% japanese system vs a 100% american system...

It could be great, as american and japanese games are also very different, and have two very different audience... i prefer japanese games, and i'd buy only one system if such a thing happens, while some others would buy only the american one, or both if they're really interested in all types of games... no chance it will happen, but who knows...

Look at Sega and Nintendo these days: japanese game companies have to unite in their shrinking gaming market...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

68soul said:

It's always nice to dream about it, but i don't think a japanese and an american company could work together that well, the problem isn't only the language, it's also a different culture, a different way to think about the business... 

It happens in the auto industry all the time. American and Chinese companies work together in the Tech industry all the time as well.

I don't think Sony and MS will merge in the console market (although I think both companies would make more money if they did), but I don't think the reason is cultural.