By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Will Hideo Kojima Do Next?

He goes to work for Nintendo!!! Miyamoto and Kojima under the same roof!!! Nah,that won't happen but he's got his own team if I'm correct and he's got the stuff to make his own company. He needs to go the Inafune Route. Ditch Konami, kickstart Platinum Gear, and get over 400% of the funding!

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
He goes to work for Nintendo!!! Miyamoto and Kojima under the same roof!!! Nah,that won't happen but he's got his own team if I'm correct and he's got the stuff to make his own company. He needs to go the Inafune Route. Ditch Konami, kickstart Platinum Gear, and get over 400% of the funding!

for nintendo? seriously?

thank goodness that's one of the most unlikely scenarios... 

He should work with Playstation and make some exclusive games!

setsunatenshi said:
Ljink96 said:

for nintendo? seriously?

Hey, Kojima worked with Nintendo on was it...Twin Snakes? But keep reading the original post and I clearly stated that it won't happen. Jus thtought 2 of the worlds greatest game designers could stage an impossible comeback.

Ljink96 said:
setsunatenshi said:

for nintendo? seriously?

Hey, Kojima worked with Nintendo on was it...Twin Snakes? But keep reading the original post and I clearly stated that it won't happen. Jus thtought 2 of the worlds greatest game designers could stage an impossible comeback.

let's just get the obvious out of the way, shall we? if you're a Kojima fan, you're most likely a playstation owner. i would bet a kidney he's signing up for sony the moment his contract obligations expire at konami.

i could be wrong of course, but i have a kidney to spare so...

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
Maybe just a brand new IP.

This. I think Kojima didn't want to work on MGS anymore for a while so a new IP would be awesome from him

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I think he's going to either retire or start a small studio of ndependent games. If he's hired by someone, it'll be either Sony or Square Enix (since those two seem more prone among japanese gaming companies to bet on titles with very high budgets, and long development cycles).