By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict Wii U LT in each region

I will necro-bump this when wii u will get a price cut...I have a prediction about wii u,but I won't post more,I won't take another risk by making other assumptions...
I will predict when it will get it's first price cut...

I need something as a compass for my prediction and only price cut can do that...I'm not able to guess when it will have its price slashed or if this will ever happen...
I can't use the comparison with gc,it's absurd,funny and unjust since gc had taken one price cut of 50$ in 2002 and another one of 50$ in 2003 and wii u is being sold at full price...APPLE VS ORANGES!
It's very encouraging that wii u third year's is way near to gc's(while gc was by 100$ cheaper than it's initial price) since no price cut then,previously fast selling in the years of the price drops,e.t.c
Sales of gc are 3.9m for the third year and shipped 630k in the calendar Q1 2004,Nintendo's aim for wii u same quarter is the same and probably not at random..
The real battle with wii u starts now,even though gc was still lower by 100$ than it lauch cost,but the price cuts effect was curtailed as it has sold blazingly fast with them.
Well,3.9+ is definetely doable for the wii u this year(Close to 2014 numbers,more regular game releases and momemtumem of mario kart 8/smash),and with a price drop it can smash it!
However the period which had the mario kart 8 great impact,it's crutial.

All depends to splatoon/xenoblade/yoshi's wolly world,not a miracle needed,but they must be mainly drop preventors and a considerable boosters,wii u is yoy up and might counterbalance the numbers of this time interval,and this is what splattoon/xcx should do,at least moderating then down yoy in the same time frame of mario kart 8 season,and contribute to the counterbalancing of the difference!

P.s My favorite color is blue!:P

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Ninten78 said:
A winner is you! For being the only person to do everything the OP asked :P

How could I defy a Canadian? That would just be unethical.

I laughed so hard when I read that XD You're now a honorary Canadian...unless you were before idk didnt have time to look at your profile :P

NA: 7.4 million
EU: 3.4 million
Japan: 3.2 million

Total effective lifetime (until its replacement is released ) sales= 14 million

Ninten78 said:
I laughed so hard when I read that XD You're now a honorary Canadian...unless you were before idk didnt have time to look at your profile :P

Nope. Texan here, and that's far from Canadian. I'll own that title with pride!

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

tak13 said:

I will necro-bump this when wii u will get a price cut...I have a prediction about wii u,but I won't post more,I won't take another risk by making other assumptions...

I need something as a compass for my prediction and only price cut can do that...I'm not able to guess when it will have its price slashed or if this will ever happen...
I can't use the comparison with gc,it's absurd,funny and unjust since gc had taken one price cut of 50$ in 2002 and another one of 50$ in 2003 and wii u is being sold at full price...APPLE VS ORANGES!
It's very encouraging that wii u third year's is way near to gc's(while gc was by 100$ cheaper than it's initial price) since no price cut then,previously fast selling in the years of the price drops,e.t.c
Sales of gc are 3.9m for the third year and shipped 630k in the calendar Q1 2004,Nintendo's aim for wii u same quarter is the same and probably not at random..
The real battle with wii u starts now,even though gc was still lower by 100$ than it lauch cost,but the price cuts effect was curtailed as it has sold blazingly fast with them.
Well,3.9+ is definetely doable for the wii u this year(Close to 2014 numbers,more regular game releases and momemtumem of mario kart 8/smash),and with a price drop it can smash it!

All depends to splatoon/xenoblade/yoshi's wolly world,not a miracle needed,but they must be mainly drop preventors and a considerable boosters,wii u is yoy up and might counterbalance the numbers of this time interval,and this is what splattoon/xcx should do,at least moderating then down yoy in the same time frame of mario kart 8 season,and contribute to the counterbalancing of the difference!

The Wii U had a $50 price cut in the US and has benfitted from some nice bundles w multiple games 

IMO it still needs another more substantial  price cut 

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
tak13 said:

The Wii U had a $50 price cut in the US and has benfitted from some nice bundles w multiple games 

That wasn't an actual price cut...

They stopped making/shipping the badly perfoming basic set and the premium set got the price of the basic set!:P

uran10 said:
Platina said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

...No... just no... you can't be serius...

Random guesses by me, with no validations, so let's just say I'm pretty pessimistic about Wii U sales..

Its going to reach a lot higher than that in NA Platina. but saying its going to sell 11 mil (when its already at close to 10 mil) means that for the rest of its lifetime it will barely sell more than 1m and with the games we know are coming its going to pass that. I'm not really good with guessing but here is my random guess

NA: 9-11m

EU: 4-6m

JA: 4-6m

17m-23m

How much did GC do? I was hoping my postive end was 1m above GC

Yea... I'm always bad at guessing regional breakdowns, so I'll just stick with my worldwide guess :P

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

tak13 said:
Dunban67 said:

That wasn't an actual price cut...

They stopped making/shipping the badly perfoming basic set and the premium set got the price of the basic set!:P

They lowered the price of the Deluxe by $50-   call it what you want but that was a price cut-  Getting rid of the basic had nothing to do w the price cut for the Deluxe-  and they did not get rid of the basic for some time after the price cut (they may be still selling it in some places even now- i m not sure ) 

What is the purpose of pretending they did not cut the price anyway when they obviously did-   I paid $350 at lanch for mine and it came w Nintendo Land-  After the price cut i could have paid $300 w Nintendo Land AND Mario 3D World 

NA - 8M
EU - 5M
JP - 5M

WW - 22M

Out of the bat, i would say the following:

NA -> 7
EU -> 5
JP -> 4

LTD -> 16

(Rounded up)

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.