By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do 1080p Xbox One Games Indicate That Xbox is Now on Par With PS4?

Will Xbox One ever reach parity with PS4?

Yes 42 6.93%

No 492 81.19%

Who cares, I have a high end PC 30 4.95%

It's about framerate not resolution 42 6.93%

Total:606

The answer is no, but i agree that most TV's dont even support 1080p and therefore i would be totally cool with a lower resolution in the name of performance (60fps). Anyday, im willing to make that sacrifice. I wish developers would give us that option.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
The PS4 has and will always maintain a very small real world graphical advantage over the Xbox One, almost indiscernable outside of side-by-side comparisons.

Xbox One games moving to 1080p might make a small difference even smaller, but it will never 'close the gap' entirely.

Man it isn't small... if the devs dedicate the same time to both platforms to get the most of them even if both were 1080p60fps there would be a gap on other parts that compose the IQ... 50% more GPU power and generally faster RAM won't end up being small difference. At the time the SW are so primitive on the systems that a lot of people have difficult time differentiating PS360 games to PS4X1

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The PS4 has better hardeare, and it won't ever change.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Tachikoma said:
Azzanation said:
So many In here dont understand logic. Software can make as big of a difference as Hardware. Xbox One is a car that's untuned and its trying to keep up with there opposition which is pedal to metal. More horses is important but it comes down to efficiency and optimization. You dont need more horses to have better looking games, if they can optimize there hardware better then they will have better looking games.

A Skyline GTR has less cylinders and horses compared to many other supercars yet its just as quick if not quicker.

thats a terrible analogy.

If you tune the engine, you get a very minor performance boost, the second you start changing parts like adding a turbo, replacing stock parts for performance parts, new muffler, different fuel, weight reduction etc, you are modifying the original hardware by adding better performing components.

Its a perfect analogy and one that you dont understand. The X1 was released untuned and unrefined while the PS4 is the oppisite. Basiclaly what i am trying to say is the preformance gap between both consoles is very minor (30% approx) and thats consideirng the X1 hasnt been tuned up. When the X1 gets fine tuned (DX12/Win10) then that 30% becomes alot less. The PS4 is already tuned up and running as it should, its 30% extra horses is from there Hardware advantage however a good software update can change that around. Think how much difference it makes to your car when you get the PC tuned, its a bigger difference then some minor engine enhancments (Hardware) in the Auto industry. In Other words Software plays a very mportent roll in everything not just gaming consoles.

MS have the RnD advantage over Sony in the software department as they invest billions a years in software improvements, so expect them to be pushing there hardware more then what Sony can do with there hardware. Good example is how the X1 can use 7 CPU cores for gaming while the PS4 still uses 6 and thats becuase Sony hasnt worked out there OS for the PS4 which requires more CPU usage to use while MS is running a very low CPU usage OS for X1 which allows them to play more with there CPU cores.

Both Consoles suffer from CPU bottlenecks however it seems MS seem to be on the right tracks to fixing it where as Sony is relying solely on GPU horse power to get by. More horses dont win you races. Console balance between its CPU and GPU is very importent. If MS is right about there DX12 benefits for there CPU then this 30% gap can quite possibly go the other way.

Azzanation said:
Tachikoma said:

If you tune the engine, you get a very minor performance boost, the second you start changing parts like adding a turbo, replacing stock parts for performance parts, new muffler, different fuel, weight reduction etc, you are modifying the original hardware by adding better performing components.

Its a perfect analogy and one that you dont understand. The X1 was released untuned and unrefined while the PS4 is the oppisite. Basiclaly what i am trying to say is the preformance gap between both consoles is very minor (30% approx) and thats consideirng the X1 hasnt been tuned up. When the X1 gets fine tuned (DX12/Win10) then that 30% becomes alot less. The PS4 is already tuned up and running as it should, its 30% extra horses is from there Hardware advantage however a good software update can change that around. Think how much difference it makes to your car when you get the PC tuned, its a bigger difference then some minor engine enhancments (Hardware) in the Auto industry. In Other words Software plays a very mportent roll in everything not just gaming consoles.

MS have the RnD advantage over Sony in the software department as they invest billions a years in software improvements, so expect them to be pushing there hardware more then what Sony can do with there hardware. Good example is how the X1 can use 7 CPU cores for gaming while the PS4 still uses 6 and thats becuase Sony hasnt worked out there OS for the PS4 which requires more CPU usage to use while MS is running a very low CPU usage OS for X1 which allows them to play more with there CPU cores.

Both Consoles suffer from CPU bottlenecks however it seems MS seem to be on the right tracks to fixing it where as Sony is relying solely on GPU horse power to get by. More horses dont win you races. Console balance between its CPU and GPU is very importent. If MS is right about there DX12 benefits for there CPU then this 30% gap can quite possibly go the other way.

This reads like something from Misterxmedias blog...Total nonsense. A small percent cpu overclock does not boost much of anything outside 1-2 FPS difference, especially considering benchmarks show the x1 is still slower cpu wise due to more OS overhead, it has 3 seperate OS's.

MS has an advantage in R&D? How? Sure didn;t help them when they made the x1 , 2 years in and most games run on lower resolution then ps4. Nothing backs up your points.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-CPU-More-Powerful-Than-Xbox-One-CPU-According-Benchmark-Test-61203.html

Maybe stop spreading fud and start paying attention to facts.,

Software CANNOT make hardware faster, what it can do is make it easier to hit the hardwares theoritical limit, the x1's will always be lower and weaker then PS4. Are you saying Phil Spencer is lying in that it won't help x1 much?

The bulk of DX12 advantages are for PC gpu's.

Also, Sony is indeed improving the ps4's tools as well, it is not an MS only thing, thet gap remaisn as long as the hardware stays the same.

Bookmarking your post for when dx12 alunched the nothing changes for x1. Were you the guy I saw last year posting here when I was a lurker argunng the Second GPU was real and saying x1 was as powerfull or more then ps4, and other nonsense? lol.

Oh and if anything the situation for MS will get worse when devs tap into GPU compute:

http://www.redgamingtech.com/ice-team-playstation-4-performance-boost-thanks-to-gpgpu-rendering/

Your entire post is like a dilusional wish list from a  fanatic xbox fan. LOL at balance when x1 has esram and worse ram architecture, stop reading Misterxmedia.

Around the Network

In a previous post in this thread i posted some (only 2015)  games to prove you there are no improvements in game resolution in the latest period. Right now xxbox one has probably less 1080p games then x360. Sure,  turning off kinect did good to xbox,  allowing to use some more power and having 900p instead of 720p. But that has not happened again - yet.  Let's wait dx12 so the last xbox card will be played and then we will know if we finally can have parity.  

bluemd said:

In a previous post in this thread i posted some (only 2015)  games to prove you there are no improvements in game resolution in the latest period. Right now xxbox one has probably less 1080p games then x360. Sure,  turning off kinect did good to xbox,  allowing to use some more power and having 900p instead of 720p. But that has not happened again - yet.  Let's wait dx12 so the last xbox card will be played and then we will know if we finally can have parity.  

sigh.....has ms put in a better gpu and ram? Until that happens there will never be parity, the PS4 has better hardware period, that cannot change. All these updates for x1 dos is make its current hardware more efficient...you cann increase a systems power from software updates, nor is MS the only one who improves it's console:

http://www.redgamingtech.com/ice-team-playstation-4-performance-boost-thanks-to-gpgpu-rendering/

Why would anyone want parity? For console war childishness? Each system should be fully utilized, blame MS for launching a weaker console.

Azzanation said:
Tachikoma said:

whatever floats your boat... and keep arguing against a dev just because of your "faith".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Shackkobe said:

Agree or disagree? Speak your mind.

"destiny, diablo 3, tomb raider, gta v" LMAO 6 month old cross gen games are your only example? What about the new games like Witcher 3, Evolve, BF Hardline, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mortal Kombat, Project Cars?

The hardware gap will never be overcome and the differences in resolution will always be there. The Xbone just has a weaker GPU that's not really suited for 1080p, it has half as many ROPs as PS4: 32 vs 16 ROPs and only 2/3 of the CUs of PS4.

beeje13 said:
Shackkobe said:

You may be referring to Child of light.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-child-of-light-face-off

Yes! Thank you.

Actually it has another, one of the Lego games(or all cant remember) is 1280p supersampled.