By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could Wii Fit suck?

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
@d21lewis^Didn't the Power Pad go the same way of that robot? ....

Yeah.  But R.O.B. is a hardcore urban legend now.  He once saved a baby from a street gang, I've been told.  The Power Pad is just a foot-note in gaming history.  I love Nintendo, and I hope they do well, but I just don't see Power Pad 2008 having a long life span.  Now where'd I put my Wii-Zapper.......

I'll take Nintendo for $80 Alex.

Magnific0 said:
@ChronotriggerJM

They could include SUBWAY coupons inside the package ;)

LOLOLOL QFT xD That's the post of the thread my friend :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
^I think noone was comparing, but maybe different product, perhaps same target?

different target

power pad was meant to make gaming more fun and interactive with a side of getting active (similiar to wiimote)

wii fit is aimed directly at the exercise market with its scale, bmi, exercises like pushups, etc

power pad came with track and field, wii fit comes with yoga/push ups/leg lifts

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Magnific0 said:

Then "mass market" , which is not really really into exercise won't pay $340+ to get a Wii + Wii Fit, now would it?

yup it will...the mass market is enough into exercise to spend billions on exercise products that people 'really into exercise' laugh at and dismiss...they spend $500 on ab rowers and hundreds on things that sit there and vibrate your stomach to 'electrically work out your abs'

340 for wii+wii fit is nothing to this demo and wii fit will be far more effective than 99% of those other products out there...and they key: it will keep you motivated, unlike a stationary bike, where motivation has to come 100% from within

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

I'm going to hope it sells well in America, I would REALLY like if more people in this country made an effort to stay fit, I just can't for the life of me see this being "good" though :/ If anything it MIGHT sell a ton of initial units, but I'd put almost no software from there on out. In America we love to buy workout equipment we don't use.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.