By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could Wii Fit suck?

it will be very high quality....practically every nintendo game is...and u can already see from the trailers/user videos/reviews/etc that it is high QUALITY

now, whether or not it is to YOUR tastes or if YOU like it, that's a different story and is based on opinion

but it'll be high QUALITY by industry standards

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

Wii fit will do well, but I have no intention of trying it. It just looks like technology existing for the sake of existing. I personally don't see it as a fun and exciting game, or an effective form of exercise. I hope Nintendo changes my mind.

There was an exercise bike for the Nes, way back when (right about the time the "Miracle Piano Keyboard" was being talked about. I think it was called the Fitness Life Cycle, or something. I remember reading about it in Game Players Magazine (Not Chris Slate's version of Game Player's Magazine). I don't know if it was ever released, but it would probably be a huge success if it came out now. The market is ready for it. It would be more effective than Wii Fit, that's for sure.

Wii Fit will be in some gyms as Wii Sports is already in gyms. Wii Fit doesn't target hardcore exercisers. It targets the other 95% of American adults (and kids too). Oh, and it also targets all gamers in that it has many non-exercise games and at least 10 more games are coming for it.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Yeah. As I recall, the Power Pad was a huge hit, with lots of support..........or not.

And the Nintendo Power Pad was a pack in peripheral.  

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
@Fastrabbit09

So Wii Fit will be directly competing against all other fitness products in the market. But, how will it fare compared to others more specialized (in fitness) products? Would anyone really REALLY into exercise choose Wii Fit for their workouts? What's nintendo's approach on this, how are they positioning the product? Are they aiming for this, are they targeting the hardcore fitness consumer? Will it be likely to see Wii Fit displayed in gyms?

1) yes, it is directly competing with those other products 2) it will do well for the MASSES comparatively...those 'really really into exercise' are not the target audience for the wii...luckily, the masses are not 'really really into exercise' 3) it is positioned as a virtual trainer...it keeps track of your progress, sets your routine based on data (weight/bmi/your goals), teaches you how to do exercises, helps ensure that you do the exercise properly, and provides motivation...u can also go to a gym and workout and let wii fit know you did that and it'll add it in to the data...or go run a few miles in your neighborhood and let it know that you did that... 4) it is already being used in some canadian gyms as part of the workout routine

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

it shouldn't be hard to see how this is very different from the power pad

Predictions:

Wii fit could be terrible >_>; I think I'm one of the only people on this site that thinks it, but I honestly don't see this doing anything in America -_-; I'm fully prepared to eat crow on this of course, but it just seems way to far-fetched to believe that an American audience will eat this up.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.