By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2015 predictions!?

Serious: GCN VC revealed

Crazy: Mother 4 fan game officially backed by Nintendo and released immediately after the presentation on Wii U and/or 3DS.

Hope: 3DS Successor reveal

Around the Network

Serious: Guerrilla Games' new IP with the Robot Dinosaurs.
Crazy: The Last Guardian releasing this holiday season.
Hope: Anything inFAMOUS related

Serious: Paper Mario 5 will be announced for Wii U.

Crazy: Animal Crossing Online (mmo for Wii u).

Hope: Rogue Squadron 4 /remake announced for Wii U.

Serious: Metroid 3DS is revealed with a Q2 2016 release, gearing up for 30th anniversary of Metroid. Not sure about a Wii U game.
Crazy: The Last Guardian is re-revealed for PS4 with a trailer.
Hope: Nintendo reveals its foray into virtual reality with the New Virtual Boy. Startropics reboot is a launch title.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Microsoft

Serious: Formal announcement of Gears 4 with a debut CGI trailer
Crazy: Actual Conker sequel
Hope: New Banjo from Rare

Nintendo

Serious: New Metroid for Wii U
Crazy: Bayonetta 3
Hope: New Paper Mario for either the 3DS or Wii U

Sony

Serious: Guerilla announces their new IP with some gameplay footage
Crazy: The Last Guardian is comfirmed for a 2016 summer/early fall release
Hope: Vita getting some attention & Ni No Kuni 2

Around the Network

Nintendo will announce animal crossing, paper mario and at least one other game for wii u, all releasing in 2013. Xenoblade X release date for july or august at the most. Zelda, smt x fe and pokken fighter will release on the first half of 2016. Metroid and f-zero announced for wii u to release in 2016. More 3rd party exclusives like Bayonetta 2 and devil's third.

Don't know what they could announce for 3ds besides pokemon, metroid, localization for some japanese games and some more wii ports.

Serious: Nintendo Amiibo game thats like Skylanders and Infinity for the holidays

Crazy: Retro has been making their own westernized Zelda game for Wii U that will release this year

Hope: An unnannounced big Wii U title for 2016 that will see a late May release

spemanig said:

I think the time is nearing. Less than 2 months before we get our mind blown and our heart disappoinged once again. We all have expectations and hopes. What's yours? For fun, let's have one serious prediction that is realistic but suprising, one crazy prediction that is unlikely but slightly possible, and one just plain hope that will only happen in your dreams because you want it to.

Serious: Metroid 3DS will be announced and will release this holiday.

Crazy: Nintendo vs. Capcom is a real thing and will be Nintendo's holiday game replacing Zelda.

Hope: Diddy Kong Racing Returns is announced and will release in 2016.

I guess all of my 3 could fit into any from other people's perspectives, but here goes:

The following will all be unveiled by Sony, shown with gameplay and will all be coming in Q4 of this year, Gran Turismo 7, The Last Guardian and Guerrilla Game's new IP currently codenamed Horizon.

I think Polyphony Digital planned ahead when they began developing GT6, natively coding their engine to PS4 whilst developing their last PS3 game.

The Last Guardian has been rumored as a PS4 title for a long time, as everyone knows the games been in development since 2007, a previous BigBIg (closed Sony studio) developer said in 2013 that the game had been on PS4 for a long time.

Horizon has been in development for well over 4 years at this point.

Depending on who you talk to all of these games coming this year or any of them may sound crazy, I'm definitely hopeful and all would be fun.

Nintendo:

Metroid would be by realistic prediction, as a 3rd person action shooter from Retro Studios. Seems very likely that Wii U could this in 2016 and I think that's what RS have been working on, plus Wii U doesn't have a Metroid game yet. I think 3DS could get it's own version of Metroid too. Pretty sure it's the Anniversary of the series next year.

A hopeful game to make an appearance would be a big 3D mario game, along the lines of Mario 64, Galaxy or Sunshine. As great as 3D World may be I don't think it's uniquely different enough from the 3DS game to be classed as that big Mario Platform game for the system, so I think Nintendo needs to make that happen.

Perhaps Crazy, but I would love for a huge open world Pokemon RPG game to be announced at E3, I think Wii U would be great for this.

Microsoft:

Realistic: Seems likely Banjo & Kazooie will happen in some form, I'd like a big budget, huge platformer, XB1 could do with that.

Hopeful and crazy is I would like Microsoft to actually wow me this year, in a similar way to how Sony and Nintendo do, the best thing is to come with the new IPs. Don't just use CG as they did last year. Everyone moans about Sony or Nintendo using CG, but MS seem to be the worst culprit of this in recent times, while the others make an effort to show true gameplay for a bunch of their games at big events.

I really couldn't care if it's AAA, AA or Indie, I want games, all of these categories fit the "games" form of interactive entertainment we all love playing, quality is the most important thing in this hobby for me and I really want all 3 platform holders to bring their most interesting things, really wow me, whether it's using small budget studios, that really just want to make games bescause they love gaming and want people to have fun or bigger studios with those same asperations.

Ultimately if there is to be a winner I always crown them in my mind based on whether they've shown actual gameplay and the sheer volume of new games that they announce.

poklane said:

Serious: Guerrilla Games' new IP with the Robot Dinosaurs.
Crazy: The Last Guardian releasing this holiday season.
Hope: Anything inFAMOUS related

Eugene DLC would be cool too see, handled like the Fetch story was done with First Light. Maybe Sucker Punch could add some new content for Delsin too and even Hank.

I think Guerrilla's new IP could have been brought forward to release in Holiday 2015, it's been in the works for over 4 years and Guerrilla has been releasing a new game every 2 years since Killzone 2 came out. If Horizon isn't that game, then I think Cambridge may have a new Killzone ready for Q4 this year.

TLG seems likely too me, it's been cooking for ages.

Paper Mario and Metroid for 3DS and Wii U.