By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the SEGA Saturn is better than whatever console you prefer

As you probably know the Sega Saturn is one of the greatest consoles in the univserse, however, while people know it was the best system, they don't know why, so I decided to drink some wine and tell you all about it.

Because you guys love my threads.

Don't you?

NUMBER #1 THE SATURN WAS THE FIRST SYSTEM OF ITS GENERATION TO BE RELEASED ON ALL MAJOR TERRITORIES

NameSega SaturnPlayStationNintendo 64
Manufacturer Sega Sony Computer Entertainment Nintendo
Console

Launch price (USD) US$399.99 (equivalent to $619.00 in 2015)[6] US$299.99 (equivalent to $464.00 in 2015) US$199.99 (equivalent to $301.00 in 2015)
Release date
  • JP November 22, 1994
  • NA May 11, 1995
  • EU July 8, 1995
  • JP December 3, 1994
  • NA September 9, 1995
  • EU September 29, 1995
  • AUS November 15, 1995
  • JP June 23, 1996
  • NA September 29, 1996
  • EU March 1, 1997
  • AUS March 1, 1997

The Saturn was ahead of its time, so revolutionary that noone had figured out how to make games for it when it came out, not even SEGA knew how to tame that beast, but who cares about games on a game console amirite? Its all about Sales.

NUMBER #2 THE SATURN IS THE BEST SELLING GAME CONSOLE IN THE UNIVERSE

As you know wikipedia is an irefutable source for truth, and there is says quite crearly, 950m million sold, that's more than all the PlayStations combined, eat your heart out Sony, Sega wins!

A shame the Dreamcast couldn't surpassed the 1 billion mark so Sega left the hardware bussiness :(

NUMBE #3 ITS THE BEST LOOKING CONSOLE EVER

Look at this magnificent bastard

Now look at this lame ass looking console

Which one would you sleep with? Obvously the Sega Saturn, I'm answering that question as there's no need for you to do it.

Because there's only one solution.

And it only gets better.

On the streets the white Saturn is known as the most beautifu console ever.

NUMBER #WHATEVER SATURN IS CHEAP AS HELL

Check this out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-SATURN-SYSTEM-JAPAN-/371308559398

The most beautiful console in the universe is like 85$, now tell me, would you rather buy that or a PS4? I think the answer is obvious, but you want to do the right thing, so you're gonna buy 4 Sega Saturn and a handful of games for the same price as a PS4, THEN run around the street with all your Saturn to make everyone jelly. That's what I'm gonna do, already ordered 3, I'm building a Saturn fort btw.

NUMBER #NUMBER SATURN HAS A LIBRARY OF ACTUALLY EXCLUSIVE GAMES

There are consoles like the SNES that are cool and all, but most of their games can be played somewhere else, so there's no point on getting it anymore, that's not the case with the Saturn as most games are only available on that console, here's a comprehensive list of what your missing

Game Saturn Nintendo 64 Xbox One
Panzer Dragoon Saga X    
DODONPACHI X    
Panzer Dragon II Zwei X    
Saturn Bomberman X    
Marriage X    

# YOU CAN GET MARRIED ON THE SATURN

That boxart says it all, can you marry on any other console?

Didn't think so.

$ COLLECTING SATURN IS A GREAT WAY TO LEAR JAPANESE

One of the very few problems about the Saturn is that people outside Japan couldn't graps its greatness, so plenty of games never came out outside Japan, so if you're gonna get those games (which you are as this thead propt you to become a Saturn collector) you're gonna have to learn japanese, which is a good thing as you know most women in Japan only speak japanese, and if you don't speak japanese you can0t speak with them, so japanese women is another bonus for the saturn.

NUMER #7 SATURN HAD THE BEST AD CAMPAING EVER

SERIOUSLY

YOU MUST PLAY SEGA SATURN

## SATURN HAD A LOT OF HENTAI GAMES

Cant post more for obvious reasons.

#fFINAL I HAVE A SEGA SATURN YOU DONT

wINES GETTING TO ME, honna go to bed, sweet dreams chartz

Around the Network

You had me at the title... Bravo! On a more serious note. Sega always had the best console names, which means they were easily the most original. 

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

The Xbox One will easily outsell the Saturn. ;)

You misspelled Ouya.

Does it play desert bus?

Around the Network

Finally, somebody who knows the truth.

Haha, that was great Kylee, bravo xD Though seriously, why the hell did it cost 399 USDs? Were they crazy??? That is so expensive, especially when it launched. I feel like that gave the PS1 an advantage over the Saturn. No one was going to want to spend that much on a console back then.

Also, this is crazy, but I never even knew the Saturn was a thing back then. It flew by me without a hint. I wish I had known more about the system... : /

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Girl yaasss.

But really, the Saturn is the only SEGA console without a true Sonic exclusive. Therefore, it's the worst. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

All you needed was that video of Segata Sanshiro, and your argument would automatically be valid.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."