By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will MS ever win a generation?

Tagged games:

Tachikoma said:
kowenicki said:
Xbox: 2nd out of 3

Xbox 360: 2nd out of 3

ONE: 2nd out of 3.

Consistent.

Debatable, really.

Not really. Xbox360 was profitable, PS3 wasn't. Looking just at hardware sales doesn't show us the whole picture. I even consider the GC to be a bigger success than the PS3.

Around the Network

Seeing as they have never won a gen either numbers wise or quality wise I'm going to say no. The 360 was actually good too, I don't think they'll be able to top it

Samus Aran said:
Tachikoma said:

Debatable, really.

Not really. Xbox360 was profitable, PS3 wasn't. Looking just at hardware sales doesn't show us the whole picture. I even consider the GC to be a bigger success than the PS3.

the thread is about winning a generation not being the most profitable.

so it is solely down to sales position.

Samus Aran said:
Tachikoma said:

Debatable, really.

Even though the OP wasn't clear about the intended measure, you can tell that the question is related to hardware sales so any profit/loss is irrelevant.  In hardware sales it's perfectly debatable.

Tachikoma said:
Samus Aran said:

The winner of the generation is the one that makes the most profit. So Nintendo won every generation, but will lose this one.

Looking purely at how much something sold is something only gaming fans do on forums.

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:
In terms of overall software sales, the Xbox 360 was the winner for the last generation.

The seventh generation was in my opinion the best generation.

The Wii brought in many people who were not traditional gamers
The PS3 helped push blu ray
The Xbox 360 pushed the boundaries online for consoles
All had great games

software sales aren't over yet and PS3 has been closing the gap fairly rapidly.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
SlayerRondo said:
In terms of overall software sales, the Xbox 360 was the winner for the last generation.

The seventh generation was in my opinion the best generation.

The Wii brought in many people who were not traditional gamers
The PS3 helped push blu ray
The Xbox 360 pushed the boundaries online for consoles
All had great games

software sales aren't over yet and PS3 has been closing the gap fairly rapidly.

That is certainly true, the PS3 seem's to have the most staying power if it's current hardware sales are anything to go by. And it has room for another price drop in my opinion.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Not at this rate but being second aint so bad

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Samus Aran said:
Tachikoma said:

The winner of the generation is the one that makes the most profit. So Nintendo won every generation, but will lose this one.

Looking purely at how much something sold is something only gaming fans do on forums.

that would be the PS1 and PS2 if you want to play by those standards.

But feel free to move the goalposts around some more.

Samus Aran said:

Most Nintendo fans on this forum usually believe Nintendo won every gen, is the only thing saving video games, make the best games and always make more money, even when the competitor outsells them by 7:1. Well, whatever makes you happy, man!