By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will MS ever win a generation?

Tagged games:

Kelzus said:
KLXVER said:

Maybe not, but it had the better versions of most multi platform games. It also helped gain MS a bigger chunk of the market. It had great exclusives when it mattered the most.

Just more people that they pissed off

I wasnt pissed off at them with anything 360 related. It was the XB1 fiasco that made me dislike them...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Kelzus said:

Just more people that they pissed off

I wasnt pissed off at them with anything 360 related. It was the XB1 fiasco that made me dislike them...

Exactly, gaining all those fans and awareness only to piss them all off with their BS reveal.

Of course they could win a generation, it just depends on how they do with the next Xbox.

Sony is winning with the PS4 currently because they have been doing everything smartly since the beginning. They kept the hype going and only tried to shine positive light on the PS4. (Even going so far as to try and hide certain things such as how during E3 2013 they casually tried to not mention the fact that you have to pay for online now).

Microsoft just needs to start off the generation really well like that.

And honestly, anyone that thinks that it's impossible for Microsoft to win a generation and that it will always be Sony, I think they are just being blinded by their own loyalty for their favorite console.

Kelzus said:
KLXVER said:

Exactly, gaining all those fans and awareness only to piss them all off with their BS reveal.

Sony got the fans back. Maybe MS will do the same...

kowenicki said:
Tachikoma said:

Debatable, really.

yes it is.

The generation ended with ps3 selling 1 million more consoles and more software. Ps3 also sold more consoles faster in the same time periodes compared to 360. Many of 360's early numbers were inflated by replacements due to red ring of death which was the highest % of hardware failure in gaming history. Last gen consoles are still being sold and ps3 is still consistantly selling more than 360. There is no debate 360 came in third. It's time to make peace with that. 

To get on topic. No I don't believe MS will ever win a generation. Consoles will likely end before that happens. There is too much brand loyalty/recognition with both Nintendo and Sony. MS has only really ever done well in the US and even that was temporary.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network

I doubt they will, even though they seemed to control a decent part of last gen. Last gen was their best shot, and they didn't even do it then.

The 360 won in my country (US) so to me, they already have.

AlfredoTurkey said:
The 360 won in my country (US) so to me, they already have.

It won in the UK as well. I know more people who owned a 360 than a PS3. In fact for the longest time I was the only one who had one. There was a big surge at the tail end of it's life cycle with the botched reveal of the XB1 and a bunch of bandwagoners jumped ship.

The 360 was more popular than the PS3 last gen.

kowenicki said:
Xbox: 2nd out of 3

Xbox 360: 2nd out of 3

ONE: 2nd out of 3.

Consistent.

*Facepalm* Not this again. You have no idea who finished 2nd or 3rd last gen between the 360 and PS3 so stop spreading FUD that the 360 finished second. Until the official numbers are released it is too close to call.

They never will if they don't find a way to make Japan like the Xbox brand.