By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Humanity desperately needs a new religion

OfficerRaichu15 said:
kristianity77 said:

Convince yourself that the idea of what death is like as the same as what not being born is like and you'll find that its not actually that scary a thought.  Then once you've shook hands with that idea, live the life you have got to the full.

I do actually

and the thing is I like to do stuff and death will just not let me do anything :P

Yeah but the good part about that is you probably won't know anything about it lol

I used to get scared when younger of the prospect of being gone "Forever".

But then I think to myself that going by that notion, I waited around for billions and billions of years to be born, but I don't remember being too bored waiting for that to happen :)

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network
kristianity77 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

I do actually

and the thing is I like to do stuff and death will just not let me do anything :P

Yeah but the good part about that is you probably won't know anything about it lol

But then I think to myself that going by that notion, I waited around for billions and billions of years to be born, but I don't remember being too bored waiting for that to happen :)

Good point?

Im sorry everyone for asking that question earlier

I just get a little wound up with these controversial threads.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
kristianity77 said:

Good point?

There's absolutely no problem with asking the question.  As long as you're willing to thoughtfully consider each response.    :D

mornelithe said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

Good point?

There's absolutely no problem with asking the question.  As long as you're willing to thoughtfully consider each response.    :D

True

I dont want to be that guy wo asks how was this made then how was that made. XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

The OP reminds me of a certain videogame character with his ideas.

Lemme illustrate it:

Around the Network
Wright said:

The OP reminds me of a certain videogame character with his ideas.

Lemme illustrate it:

Interesting....

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

I imagine this thread will get off topic and out of hand fast, so before that happens I want to address my opinion on the topic at hand.

While there are many religions out there, a third of all religions is Christianity which is quite popular in NA where I'm from, so I will focus on that in my post. In my personal experience the issue isn't that people are following Christianity, the issue is that they are claiming to follow Christianity but instead following themselves and cherry picking versus to push their own agenda. And in my honest opinion, that has been the issue with religion from day 1, people cherry picking versus to push their own agenda. A new religion won't change that, people are selfish, people want to do and believe what ever will get them to continue doing what they want (for good or for bad).

What we need, is a great speaker with great values, that can get people to realize that when Christ says "Love your neighbor as yourself" he doesn't just mean straight white males.

Something...Something...Games...Something

OfficerRaichu15 said:
mornelithe said:

True

Some of those questions have 'likely' answers, some of those questions have 'actual' answers, others we simply haven't answered yet.  And not knowing, seems to bother a great many people.  I take issue when we try to fill those voids in knowledge with God.  Because I feel it encourages people to stop being inquisitive, and to stop thirsting for knowledge.  There are some questions we have, that we may never be able to answer.  But, to say that because we lack the ability to figure it out, means God...I dunno, it feels like a copout.  A washing of the hands, of the problem, if you will.  And I don't think that kind of behavior is healthy for our specie to exhibit.

JakDaSnack said:
I imagine this thread will get off topic and out of hand fast, so before that happens I want to address my opinion on the topic at hand.

While there are many religions out there, a third of all religions is Christianity which is quite popular in NA where I'm from, so I will focus on that in my post. In my personal experience the issue isn't that people are following Christianity, the issue is that they are claiming to follow Christianity but instead following themselves and cherry picking versus to push their own agenda. And in my honest opinion, that has been the issue with religion from day 1, people cherry picking versus to push their own agenda. A new religion won't change that, people are selfish, people want to do and believe what ever will get them to continue doing what they want (for good or for bad).

What we need, is a great speaker with great values, that can get people to realize that when Christ says "Love your neighbor as yourself" he doesn't just mean straight white males.

Yes so much yes

God taught us(even if you dont believe in him you can say Jesus since he was real)

to love everyone

we shouldnt give a damn about people's choices

we should treat them equal

I think we can all believe that principle.

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

mornelithe said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

True

Some of those questions have 'likely' answers, some of those questions have 'actual' answers, others we simply haven't answered yet.  And not knowing, seems to bother a great many people.  I take issue when we try to fill those voids in knowledge with God.  Because I feel it encourages people to stop being inquisitive, and to stop thirsting for knowledge.  There are some questions we have, that we may never be able to answer.  But, to say that because we lack the ability to figure it out, means God...I dunno, it feels like a copout.  A washing of the hands, of the problem, if you will.  And I don't think that kind of behavior is healthy for our specie to exhibit.

Agree with this statement

it could be Aliens O_O

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?