By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Should Nintendo change their Brand Name in the west to 'Gameboy'?

Ka-pi96 said:
SlayerRondo said:
I think it would be too confusing for people which Nintendo has already been guilty off in the recent past.

What they need to focus on is getting Nintendo games (which are great) to as many people as possible.

So going 3rd party?

Until you realize what going third party does to the quality of your games... Looking at you Sega!

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Nah, the Nintendo brand is still famous enough, just drop the whole "Wii" thing and name it something decent.

/thread

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Ka-pi96 said:
bigtakilla said:
Ka-pi96 said:

So going 3rd party?

Until you realize what going third party does to the quality of your games... Looking at you Sega!

I don't get the Sega thing. Am I seriously the only one that thinks their games are better now?

Probably.

Ka-pi96 said:
SlayerRondo said:
I think it would be too confusing for people which Nintendo has already been guilty off in the recent past.

What they need to focus on is getting Nintendo games (which are great) to as many people as possible.

So going 3rd party?

Maybe that's the path they need to take. They will probably have both first party consoles and offer third party support for a time.

Bringing Nintendo games to the other console and mobile devices would enrich both of them greatly. Mario Galaxy 3 for the PS4 and Fire Emblem for mobile phones/tablets would be a great start.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

bigtakilla said:
Ka-pi96 said:

So going 3rd party?

I think Sega had the potential to make great third party games but wasted their potential. Sega just does not have the size, scope and legacy that Nintendo has so I would hope that they would maintain their quality.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network

Nah. It's and old name. It had its time in the 90's. Nintendo is still super recognizable, they just need to do a better job of informing people about the system.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

I don't think it'll work in this day and age in my opinion.

I think next-gen they should just cut off bonds with the Wii and DS names, because then the kids who played those systems who are now teenagers won't think that the system is for kids, and name It something that will attract both kids and adults.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Not really... I doubt people have any issues with Nintendo and if anything, i would argue that Nintendo is a stronger brand than Gameboy. One of the reasons the wiiu failed is cause it is a dumb name, not cause it was Nintendo related

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Honestly, that idea is just as stupid as going back to "Super Nintendo" as a name scheme. All it is doing is appealing to a quickly shrinking demographic with nostalgia for those names. The 3DS isn't associated with the Gameboy, it's associated with the DS.

The Gameboy, NES, and Gamecube brands are dead, never to return. The Wii brand is dying, and the DS brand, while still kicking, will probably be replaced along with Wii next generation with Nintendo's new branding for their unified platform. None of the old brands have any value anymore, and they never will again.

No, because the Femi-Nazis would attack Nintendo and force them to change it to "GameHuman"