By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Masahiro Sakurai is making an appearance at the Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary Event! (Roy Announcement for SSB4?)

Wright said:

There's too many Fire Emblem fighters in the new Smash already. I hope this confirms something else, not another one for the roster :/

It's his way of showing his desire to work in the Fire Emblem series. 

Either that or Smash Bros made Fire Emblem relevant in the US so they keep marketing it in Smash Bros.

Around the Network

Look, I have no problem with FE, I enjoy the series and all, but if Roy actually gets in he'd better be free, unless they completely change his moveset. It's bad enough that FE would then have as many reps as Zelda, if they do it with three Marths it's legitimately a disgrace.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Or maybe he is just a big fan of the series hence why after they were positively received in Melee he has kept adding more of them into the game.

Captain_Yuri said:
Tharja for ssb4!!!!

I'm not a Smash fan but I'd like to see Tharja or Micaiah in Smash. It may push me to actually buy the game. 

I'd be down with Roy, if only for his veteran status.

And plus:

1. As a clone character, he wouldn't take a roster slot away from a non-clone (as Sakurai has said in the past)

2. He's DLC, so you don't need to buy him. If you don't want another Marth clone, just don't buy him. That's what's so beautiful about DLC. :D

Around the Network

He will likely discuss Fire emblems presence in Smash Bros.

Please, no more Fire Emblem characters. Having 4 characters in a series that's best selling game sold 1.5m. #MoreXenoCharacters. No hate on FE though, just saying, 4 is more than enough

I'm honestly not expecting any Smash related stuff.

It just seems a little too obvious.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Plz no more FE reps.

If Roy gets in I'd have to ask myself why, when there is a ridiculous number of interesting and worthy characters that could be voted for, that people voted for Roy.....