By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Wars Celebration: Battlefront Does Not Have a Campaign

Battlefield star wars is just another re-skin of Battlefield 4 just like hardline.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

generic-user-1 said:

it will not flop, but it will hurt the brand alot. 

Star wars cant flop, they made 3 of the worst movies of all time, and all 3 were boxofficehits, even if everybody was hating on em.

Star wars games were realy good games in the past, a bad one would hurt the next games alot.

but on the bright side, we may get more, better star wars games when this game makes money...

That's a bit harsh. They may not hold up so well these days but during the 70s and 80s people really enjoyed them.

not those 3 movies^^

generic-user-1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

generic-user-1 said:

Star wars cant flop, they made 3 of the worst movies of all time, and all 3 were boxofficehits, even if everybody was hating on em.

Star wars games were realy good games in the past, a bad one would hurt the next games alot.

but on the bright side, we may get more, better star wars games when this game makes money...

That's a bit harsh. They may not hold up so well these days but during the 70s and 80s people really enjoyed them.

not those 3 movies^^

Ha ha yes agree thought ka-pi was joking :). Frist 3 movies was outstanding, the rest mehhh. Hope the new one is a bit darker.

generic-user-1 said:

@Ka-pi96 @generic-user-1

My mistake, I meant to say it would damage not flop, I tend to see flopping as damage itself but yeah even if it does sell to the crowd the game itself with what we're hearing of doesn't sound like it's good for the brand in total.

There was TFU and I remember that not getting recieved well but it was a decent game, I preffered the 2nd one though and I think that scored worse, can't remember what they sold though.

If the game turns out to be a bit of a dud then at most I'd imagine EA letting some staff go from DICE, I doubt they'd cann DICE entirely (would be insane), I mean this is EA where studios go to die.

I just hope this new movie sparks off a new gen of star wars fans because my heart kinda sank when 1313 got cancelled and the other project.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

krippaz said:
generic-user-1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

generic-user-1 said:

not those 3 movies^^

Ha ha yes agree thought ka-pi was joking :). Frist 3 movies was outstanding, the rest mehhh. Hope the new one is a bit darker.

i hope the new isnt  lightsaber ballet in front of a bluescreen...     i  dont hope the new is dark, star war was never that dark and shouldnt be.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Barkley said:

I don't think vehicles will be killstreaks, the y-wings in the trailer were probably a bombing run killstreak they called in on an at-at, but most vehicles won't be killstreaks i'm sure.

Also i'm surprised so many people will miss space battles, I thought they were awful in battlefront 2.

:o for reals?

They were some of my favourite battles! I will miss them, but if the land battles are good enough (and they add them back in the next game) then it won't bother me too much.

Yeah, i thought the ship battles were terrible too, sorry ka-pi.  Most the ships were terrible, controls were broken, and the mission objectives were very unclear.  After I played a few ship battles, i just started doing whatever I could to avoid them.  If it looked like I would run into an enemy ship, I would just go the opposite direction.  Ship battles just werent worth the effort...

at least i can save money and buy other games this year

Another Titanfall I see...

ExplodingBlock said:
Another Titanfall I see...

nono galaxy conquest is fine single player. its basicly an interactive campaign, if it stays the same.

generic-user-1 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
gergroy said:

If you already have a game engine, which dice obviously has, then it shouldn't even take 2 years, especially for a shooter.  If anything, they have taken their time.

Which dev is releasing a shooting franchise every 2 years?  Even cods developers have had to switch to 3 years with the increased development costs this gen.  DICE took 2 years to make Battlefield 4 and it was obvious when that game released they needed more time.  This isn't even a Battlefield game, they had to change way more here.

they need so long because they are talentless and lazy.   

That was a joke right?

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3