By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Informer reveals Obsidian RPG: Alpha Protocol (PC/360/PS3)

well another sega game on the cover of GI they might actually have there first great game line up in years for 09

Around the Network

Sounds interesting.

And Kotor II was a good game until...well, until it just died. No endgame to speak of.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Darc Requiem said:
Garcian Smith said:
Sounds a lot like Goldeneye: The RPG. I thoroughly approve. Plus it's being developed by Obsidian, and say what you will, but I'm REALLY impressed by KotOR 2 thus far.

Obsidian did an excellent job with KotOR 2. Its too bad Lucasarts hamstrung with 10 months of development time, which caused to game to have bugs, inconsistent frame rates, and worst of all they had to nix a lot of side quest content. I was always hoping that the PC version would have the missing content but Lucas Arts just...well sucks. I wanted to do that HK-47 side quest so bad....

You... you mean you can't get HK-47 in your party? :( 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Darc Requiem said:
Garcian Smith said:
Sounds a lot like Goldeneye: The RPG. I thoroughly approve. Plus it's being developed by Obsidian, and say what you will, but I'm REALLY impressed by KotOR 2 thus far.

Obsidian did an excellent job with KotOR 2. Its too bad Lucasarts hamstrung with 10 months of development time, which caused to game to have bugs, inconsistent frame rates, and worst of all they had to nix a lot of side quest content. I was always hoping that the PC version would have the missing content but Lucas Arts just...well sucks. I wanted to do that HK-47 side quest so bad....

You... you mean you can't get HK-47 in your party? :(

No you can get him in your party. The game was suppossed to have huge side quest involving his background at the HK-50 factory but it was taken out due to time constraints. There is still hints of the sidequest in the game but no payoff thanks to the wonder folks at Lucasarts.

@blaydcor, the ending was also altered due to time constraints. Lucasarts wanted the game out by the Christmas season and they didn't care if the quality had to suffer for it.

Sounds pretty awesome!!! Judging by the release date, this is one of the first titles where I will have to choose: PS3 version or 360 version?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Sounds pretty awesome!!! Judging by the release date, this is one of the first titles where I will have to choose: PS3 version or 360 version?

ZOMFG! 

STOP THE PRESSES

I had no idea you had a PS3.

he mentions the release date...so I think this means that he will be getting a PS3 by Spring 2009....not that he has one now. I could be wrong though

DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

ZOMFG!

STOP THE PRESSES

I had no idea you had a PS3.

I don't.  I'm buying one early in 2009 for two reasons:

-One, its close to FFXIII and more importantly FFXIII Versus.

-Two, during the gaming lul months, I'll go back and play the decent PS3 games I wouldn't buy a system for but would play if I could. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS