By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Does the 360 Price Drop Mean for Sony?

GT5P hopefully will have an option where you can download extra content so it will be on par with full version of GT5 when that is released. That would be a good idea charge people an extra $20 and they get to download the rest of the content to equal full GT5.

When you purchase GT5 Prologue there would be no point spending an extra $60 to buy GT5 when its released a year later. BTW I do not own an XBox 360, PS3 or a Nintendo Wii. I only play PC games. Games consoles are too expensive for me at the moment, I will wait until they are further reduced in price.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
GT5P hopefully will have an option where you can download extra content so it will be on par with full version of GT5 when that is released. That would be a good idea charge people an extra $20 and they get to download the rest of the content to equal full GT5.

LOL

So if GT5 Prolgoe costs $40. GT5 full game released a year later costs $60. Charge an extra $20 to GT5 P owners to download the extra tracks, cars and content. Brilliant idea. But will Sony do that? probably not.

I agree Mars.

Why would they do that? The game is worth the price. And the 60 dollars is worth that price.

Don't think of it as paying for the same game twice. Think of it paying for a full game for a good price. Then a year later you want another game so you decide to buy another.

You will get your money out of the 100 dollars. Guaranteed.

Rock_on_2008 said:
So if GT5 Prolgoe costs $40. GT5 full game released a year later costs $60. Charge an extra $20 to GT5 P owners to download the extra tracks, cars and content. Brilliant idea. But will Sony do that? probably not.

They would loose millions doing that. Anyway this is for 360 price cut. not ps3 GT5p. go to one of their forums if you want to talk about that

Around the Network
Mars said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
GT5 Prologue is an overpriced demo. Better to wait for GT5 when that is released.

lol the ignorance.

GT5p is more a full game then half of what is released each year, maybe that just makes all the other games look sad and pathetic but reality is no matter how much fanboys like you cry its a demo. The damn thing packs more features and play time for $40 then 90% of games for $60 do.

ts been 4 years since GT4, GT fans are starved for something new they will eat this up.

Those are some interesting and unbiased observations you have there hu...er....blu....er Mars;)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Some analysts are making a valid point. The real danger for Sony ISN'T that MS might massively outsell the PS3 (though that would suck for Sony), because that probably wont happen in Europe. The real danger is that the momentum that Sony were just starting to see could be halted. It took Sony a couple of MASSIVE price cuts to bring about that momentum (one in Europe) and it would be very bad for them if it was arrested this early.

Microsoft is aiming to force Sony into cutting the price early this year, as it is unlikely Sony could afford another cut before Christmas, whilst Microsoft could.

Sony can not afford to make price cuts on the PS3 as often as the MS giant who can afford to make a loss on consoles. Bear in mind for their first 6 years MS made losses on the XBox Gaming division totalling $20 billion.

I think you guys are underestimating Sony. They cut their prices and were able to because that quarter they didn't suffer a loss. Every quarter before that they were losing a bunch. So using common sense they should have lost more because they were making less on their system. Obviously this means they were able to afford the price.

Now after their price drop there came reports about blu-ray production drastically dropped. Processor costs droped.

So this leads me to believe they can drop price again. I'm sure right now they were just waiting for sales to slow. Why drop price when your console is selling? that's a bad business move.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Sony can not afford to make price cuts on the PS3 as often as the MS giant who can afford to make a loss on consoles. Bear in mind for their first 6 years MS made losses on the XBox Gaming division totalling $20 billion.

Er....I think their totally losses amount to around $6-7 billion.  $20 billion is a bit much, even for Microsoft.