By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Walrus Presents: A Star Wars, Star Trek, Star Gate Review Thread *Lots of Star Wars Updates

What Star Wars thing are you looking forward to the most?

Solo Movie 1 5.56%

Johnson's new trilogy 1 5.56%

Episode 9 1 5.56%

Potential Yoda movie 1 5.56%

Potential Obi Wan movie 7 38.89%

New digital show 7 38.89%

New live action show 0 0%

Total:18
generic-user-1 said:
The_Yoda said:
Dulfite said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Nice review :)

I know The Original Series isn't for everyone, but I love it. Sure, there are a lot of medicore episodes -- in a season four episode of Futurama Fry says to Leonard Nimoy "79 episodes, about 30 good ones" -- but there are also some of the best episodes of the franchise. Standouts include Shore Leave, The Naked Time, The Devil in the Dark, Errand of Mercy, and the holy trinity of TOS: Amok Time, Balance of Terror, and The City on the Edge of Forever. City is especially good, and arguably the most transcendent episode of the entire series, one that escapes the trappings of science fiction and becomes, simply, a great piece of fiction.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it!

It truly was a wonderful thing to witness. I thought it was going to be epicly horrible to watch, going into it. Prior to watching the original series, the only star trek things I had ever watched were the J.J. Abrams ones, and people always said how different those were in comparison to the originals so I assumed I wouldn't like the original shows/movies. How wrong I was to think that!

Granted I never watched much DS9 but Enterprise (the Scott Bakula one ) was my favorite series.  I loved Next Generation but Enterprise just had the more compelling long story arcs.

well DS9 isnt like the other star wars series, its much more about culture and character development and less about funky adventures in space. 

and tan there is GARAK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-jBC6kTdas

What order do you guys suggest I watch/review the star trek shows in? Chronological, release order, etc?

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
generic-user-1 said:
The_Yoda said:

Granted I never watched much DS9 but Enterprise (the Scott Bakula one ) was my favorite series.  I loved Next Generation but Enterprise just had the more compelling long story arcs.

well DS9 isnt like the other star wars series, its much more about culture and character development and less about funky adventures in space. 

and tan there is GARAK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-jBC6kTdas

What order do you guys suggest I watch/review the star trek shows in? Chronological, release order, etc?

it doesnt realy matter if you look ToS first or not, TnG should be watched before Voyager or DS9

Dulfite said:

Next Generation should definitenly be...next. I'd stick to release order honestly.

Bumped for new review and poll! Discuss!

I have always wondered whether its worth giving the old Star Trek a go.

Is Stargate going to get 80% as well?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:

Considering there aren't many reviews in, you never know lol. Star wars had 88% before I reviewed the Episode 1 movie.

shikamaru317 said:
starcraft said:

Yes, very much so!

As for the poll, I liked Episode 1, mainly for the lightsaber fight scenes. The rest of the movie was meh.

Its always been the odd one out for me. 

I have loved the recent movies.

But I've always been a Stargate and Star Wars fan.

I always wanted a sequel to Independence Day, but as the Director is now saying he wont start a new Stargate trilogy until Independence Day 2 is done, I wish it didn't exist

shikamaru317 said:
starcraft said:

I always wanted a sequel to Independence Day, but as the Director is now saying he wont start a new Stargate trilogy until Independence Day 2 is done, I wish it didn't exist

Star Trek is great, all of the series are worth a watch imo, even the worst among them (Enterprise). I also highly recommend Firefly, it's short but very amazing, as good as Star Trek, Star Wars, and Stargate imo.

I loved Firefly...watched it a few months back.

Great shame no one else watched it and it got cancelled lol.

starcraft said:
shikamaru317 said:
starcraft said:

Yes, very much so!

As for the poll, I liked Episode 1, mainly for the lightsaber fight scenes. The rest of the movie was meh.

I know no Stargate fans that want him to make another movie that throws out the continuity that 3 shows and 2 follow up movies have created. The modern Star gate universe is FAR superior to that where the movie began and for that guy to just walk in and throw it out is infuriating. 

New review and new poll!