By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Star Fox U gain some respect for the GamePad?

will Star Fox U gain some respect for the GamePad?

Yes 4 57.14%

No 3 42.86%

Total:7

I am aware that many people have said Star Fox is a game that has merely thrived off of gimmicks, and even though many doubt it will do much (if anything) for the Wii U, I would have to make a bet it will at least distinguish what the GamePad is. Face it, if the games really just sold because they were "gimmicks", then wouldn't it use the GamePad effectively, making a perfect use for it? On SNES, it used Mode 7 perfectly, and for the N64 showed off the greatness of a Rumble Pak, and both those games flourished commercially and critically. And when the 2 Star Fox games released on GameCube, they did not use any gimmicks and were found bland and uninteresting, whether it was they tried something new or just weren't good. And even though the DS version tried to use a gimmick to it's advantage, it failed. But who says that Star Fox U won't excel like the first 2 games did? I guess time will tell.

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network

I personally think that it's too late. People have already formed their opinions on the Gamepad, good or bad, and I don't think one game will change that. Regardless of how spectacular it might end up being.

Yeah, it's a little too late to convince people that the gamepad is a great peripheral at this point.

I don't think a Star Fox game would be the killer app for the gamepad either.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It could happen. It makes me sad that the game pad hasn`t been used a lot. There is a lot of potential to do really cool thiings on it and the opportunity is just being passed. It would be great if Star Fox used it in a clever way. I`m hoping a few games come out in the future that really bring out the best of the game pad.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

If Zombie U didn't convince people at launch this won't either.

I just hope they grow the franchise and not just make it a polished N64 game

Around the Network

I never really liked playing with motion controls and using the gyroscope, so in fact, I would probably like this game more without the gimmicks

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Since this one is less active I'll be locking this one!