By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - STAR OCEAN Thread: First game play trailer shows off 6 character party battles, possibly 7 max!!! New green haired pink armored character shown. Only PS4 version for west.

Paatar said:
Ljink96 said:

I know Wii U can handle better graphics than that. I've seen it. I'm kinda disappointed in some of the character models. But, game's aren't so much about graphics I suppose. I prefer cel shaded for anime.

The character models aren't graphic related. They are design related.

Look at Bayonetta.

Horrible design is still bad and is worth criticism. That girl doesn't look human (if those really are her ears), which is why her anatomy is as it is. That at least makes some sense.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I think its interresting that we playstation owners get a similiar game like Xenoblade chronicles X, i hope star ocean 5 can compete with xeno.

I almost feel asleep watching that fucking thing, then I skipped to the end and saw a big fucking logo, just a fucking logo, then it's also on PS3, guess it's not time for a PS4 yet.

Ruler said:
I think its interresting that we playstation owners get a similiar game like Xenoblade chronicles X, i hope star ocean 5 can compete with xeno.

Star Ocean will never be anything like X, because they are just very different at the core, SO combat has always been Tales oriented for one, and more like classic JRPG in the exploration aspect, and I doubt this one will be different.

The pink hair girl is not human, that is why she looks like a doll, if that makes any sense. It still looks better. Believe it!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Soriku you really should spoiler tag that for people new to the series.

Never played a Star Ocean game before. I might pick this up when it releases. But my backlog already has too many games..

Looks like Kirito clothing from SAO lol.

Paatar said:
I haven't played a game in this series but I am interested in it.
Although I have to say this because no one else is due to it being on playstation
The anime characters don't look any better or worse than Xenoblade Chronicles X's character models. They look equally as bad. So why is no one loosing their shit over it..?

I'm not a huge fan of the pink haired girl's design either

#1 Amb-ass-ador

the graphics look like a ps2 game