By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - great game series cut down young

feel free to list your own personal picks.

i gotta go with viewtiful joe. how sad that this series, which was billed as a trilogy from the beginning, was holted after just two proper installments. i love mega man, but let's be fair, he's been running in place for the last decade and has still managed to release dozen of titles. yet, poor over achieving joe was barely able to get off the ground.

Around the Network

Hey Viewtiful Joe had the DS version, which is actually really really good. Considering it's on DS. It's awesome! And it's not really like that series is dead, they could make new ones.

I'll go with... Donkey Kong. The platformers I mean. There were the Countries, and then DK64, but that was all. After that just crappy spinoffs.
Also, Beyond Good & Evil. Awesome game.
Pilotwings? Baten Kaitos, they never even released the 2nd game here in Europe.. :(
Kid Icarus!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Commander Keen... we need you buddy

I can't agree there. Maybe one more would have been nice for Viewtiful Joe, but the concept was wearing thin as it was. The new powers in the second game paled in comparison to the first. This isn't to say I wouldn't have bought another 5 if they made them and changed much of nothing other than level design and story, but the gameplay was really going nowhere, just like Mega Man(good comparison).

Here's some from me all of which are from SEGA:

Panzer Dragoon(Rail shooters, such a rarity nowadays)
Panzer Dragoon Saga(RPG, i'd actually settle for a remake since I can't justify the $300 they ask on eBay for the original)
Vector Man(Only lasted through two games in as many years)
Comix Zone(This game was too damn stylish and never got a sequel)
Shenmue(Needed approx 16 more installments to finish story or so i've heard)
Burning Rangers(Great game by the Sonic Team)

Here's one from Capcom:

Saturday Night Slam Masters(Capcom making another wrestler/fighter would be godly, especially if it could play similar to Def Jam) 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

^props for mentioning Slammasters and Shenmue.

Shenmue.

Shenmue 1 covered Chapter 1 Shenmue II covered Chapters 3,4,5,6. 2 was left out as it took place on the boat and was put up as a very short Manga.
it has 16 chapters in all and some manga outside the games was released as well but we are still left with the cliff hanger at the end of Shenmue II.

Around the Network

There were three Viewtiful Joe GC games (Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2, Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble) and one's come out on the DS (Viewtiful Joe DS) as well as versions on the PS2 and PSP. It's hardly a dead franchise!

^ clover studios made VJ and they don't exist anymore and some of that talant has left capcom.

It's dead.

Legacy of Kain. There was going to be a 6th installment, but nobody bought Defiance because of the crap-fest that was Blood Omen 2, so it got shit-canned.

And then Tony Jay died... :(

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Onyxmeth said:

I can't agree there. Maybe one more would have been nice for Viewtiful Joe, but the concept was wearing thin as it was. The new powers in the second game paled in comparison to the first. This isn't to say I wouldn't have bought another 5 if they made them and changed much of nothing other than level design and story, but the gameplay was really going nowhere, just like Mega Man(good comparison).

Here's some from me all of which are from SEGA:

Panzer Dragoon(Rail shooters, such a rarity nowadays)
Panzer Dragoon Saga(RPG, i'd actually settle for a remake since I can't justify the $300 they ask on eBay for the original)
Vector Man(Only lasted through two games in as many years)
Comix Zone(This game was too damn stylish and never got a sequel)
Shenmue(Needed approx 16 more installments to finish story or so i've heard)
Burning Rangers(Great game by the Sonic Team)

Here's one from Capcom:

Saturday Night Slam Masters(Capcom making another wrestler/fighter would be godly, especially if it could play similar to Def Jam)

Stop man...you are making baby jesus cry.

Chrono series- how come we never got Chrono Break?