By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 7 Vs. Mario Kart 8: My Verdict Finally!

Ryng_Tolu said:
Mario Kart 8 is 100 better than Mario Kart 7, and will be again more fantastic now with the 200cc mode.

The 23rd can't come soon enough! 200cc will certainly help add depth by making the brake button relevant again and giving tracks new strats, but of course wont fix all of the problems. 

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
DivinePaladin said:
How often did you get blue shells in 7? I see on average 1-2 per race in 8.

2 per race like I said! Unless on frantic mode it's 1 per race in MK8.

Somehow missed that sentence lol. When playing 150cc/Mirror Mode/Online, I'm surprised if I see less than two per match, but I guess that's different experiences talking. I mean, I never had a problem in mid-tier online (2000-4000 ranking) with lightweight characters either, so the disadvantage was never as pronounced to me. 

Either way, 8 blows the competition out of the water for me. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

something i like more in MK7 is time trial mode.
You can play with 8 ghosts, while in mk8 you play against only one, and this one is too close to your previous time(or tooo distant), it dont motive you to go faster.

And i agree about MK7 item balance be better.

But i still prefer 8.

mk8 all the way

2 blueshells per game? more like 0-1

Ka-pi96 said:
A draw? eh, I'd say 8 is better by a mile! 7 being on a handheld really killed it for me.

To me the physical hardware advantages counterbalance each other, Wii U you get a bigger screen, 3DS can play anywhere.

Around the Network
seinsmeld said:
the only issue i have with mk8 is that it seems ur trying to run into things to get an advantage. the big screen puts mk8 on top.

Whut? That's actually something I forgot to mention, the awful physics when you run into something, causing your vehicle to change direction.

imo MK8 is the best Mario Kart.

DivinePaladin said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

2 per race like I said! Unless on frantic mode it's 1 per race in MK8.

Somehow missed that sentence lol. When playing 150cc/Mirror Mode/Online, I'm surprised if I see less than two per match, but I guess that's different experiences talking. I mean, I never had a problem in mid-tier online (2000-4000 ranking) with lightweight characters either, so the disadvantage was never as pronounced to me. 

Either way, 8 blows the competition out of the water for me. 

Blue Shells definitely aren't as frequent as in Mario Kart 7, that much is certain!

Yeah I think it wasn't until the 5000-6000 range that I realized the problem with lightweights.

Einsam_Delphin said:
MikeRox said:
MK8 smokes MK7 for me. Personally I still think MK DS is the best handheld version still though. While I'd say MK8 is pretty much the best Mario Kart game, it's just a shame about the 30fps 3/4 player split screen.

Good analysis though! Even if I disagree :)

Oh comes, outside of mission mode, MKDS has nothing on 7!

It has 60fps Block Fort. End of discussion :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I agree that MK8 is the best MK game ever released, MK7 had the better climatic ending, its Rainbow Road and Theme song is the best one iv seen and heard. To end the Special Cup with such a great track and experience really made MK7 worth it. MK8 is just an all round better game.