By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X Needs to be on another system

Xenoblade Chronicles X on PC

Yes 101 13.76%

No 632 86.10%

Total:733
Hynad said:

Yeah, you have experienced the entire universe. *rolleyes*

Xenoblade did a lot of things right. And some not so right. The blend of all the aspects made for a great JRPG. How did it reinvent anything though...

It took a lot of cues and aspects from other games in the genre, and blended them together. FF XII, Tales, DQ... But it certainly didn't reinvent a genre at all.

Finally, as far as I'm concerned, Lost Odyssey is a much better JRPG. Heck, The Last Story "reinvented" the genre a whole lot more than Xenoblade.

I'd not say XC reinvented the genre, but, it modernized it. I've played a lot of JRPGs last generation, and I felt that the genre was, somehow, at a standstill. Overly similar plots, setting, gameplay... It doesn't help that the most recognized JRPG saga (Final Fantasy) was a pile of mess too. I abandoned the JRPGs because I didn't feel they were worth my time, and it was my favourite genre with PSOne/PS2 back then. But I'm playing XC now and I get why some reviewers/gamers said it was a breath of fresh air to the genre and the best JRPG of the generation. I'm convinced that a lot of JRPGs that will come this generation will look at Xenoblade as a reference, but, time will tell.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
HollyGamer said:

off course you cannot compare  legendary game like GTA with XCX, XCX is just a baby that need recognition, and need some prove for the test of time and is not yet out so nobody can judge the game yet, But many studio has more reputation more the Monolith soft, so there is a lot of future possibility and nobody knows the future, but the real fact is no game has ever stand the test of time, there might be a nostalgia factor for some games but not for the quality. So claiming this game will not be surpassed with another new game from another studio is very naive.

Why can't we compare? The point is imitating a design of a great game is not easy so why can't we compare? Fact is many have tried imitating GTA's design and couldn't do it better, XCX is not only regarded as the best JRPG to emerge from last gen even topping long running series like FF, SO, Tales etc... but is also seen as one of the best games from last gen, not an easy feat to imitate. Standing the test of time is how well a game holds up long after release and a number of games with good designs do that well it's not nostalgia. Chrono Trigger, OOT, Metroid Prime, FFVII, DMC3, Ninja Gaiden Black, SF3TS, Smash Bors. Melee etc... these are examples of games that are still fun and enjoyable to play even today long after release and that isn't down to nostalgia either that's a flawed way to think, they stood the test of time simply becaue their designs were really good and stand out even today.

If anything claiming another studio will surpass a game is far more naive as evidence and history has shown imitations rarely ever do so I doubt some imitation of XCX is just going to pop up like you claim.

So how can Monolith can create a great game like XCX then??? Monolith must have been invented RPG or video games or suddenly shows up without the inspiration past game or game that already marked the history in the past.

I am not saying imitating literally full imitating , i mean every aspect will be improve and added for future games the same goes with XCX, that adopted many aspect from every game that had been released before.

So there is no more argument, i believe i agree with u all the games you mention is a " great game " but there will be another great game coming in the future including this type of games (open world rpg). Is not like the world is stop spinning. LOl

HollyGamer said:

read carefully my friend, there is no greatest Game ever that stand in the test of Time, there will be another game that will surpassed every great game in the future that's the rule of thumb of live. The past will just another past and it will be surpassed by a new one.

I don't agree. We don't know if the future will be shit. At least, in my opinion, Majora's Mask was and still is my personal favourite game of all time. And that hasn't changed in 15 years.

Volterra_90 said:
HollyGamer said:

read carefully my friend, there is no greatest Game ever that stand in the test of Time, there will be another game that will surpassed every great game in the future that's the rule of thumb of live. The past will just another past and it will be surpassed by a new one.

I don't agree. We don't know if the future will be shit. At least, in my opinion, Majora's Mask was and still is my personal favourite game of all time. And that hasn't changed in 15 years.

I don't necessarily think in terms of greatest, but I certainly think there is a list of greats that all other games can be measured to.

bigtakilla said:
HollyGamer said:
bigtakilla said:
HollyGamer said:

off course you cannot compare  legendary game like GTA with XCX, XCX is just a baby that need recognition, and need some prove for the test of time and is not yet out so nobody can judge the game yet, But many studio has more reputation more the Monolith soft, so there is a lot of future possibility and nobody knows the future, but the real fact is no game has ever stand the test of time, there might be a nostalgia factor for some games but not for the quality. So claiming this game will not be surpassed with another new game from another studio is very naive.

So there are no great retro games, just naustalgic fans that believe games like Xenoblade, Mario Galaxy, Suikoden II, Final Fantasy VI and VII, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Tales Of Symphonia, ect are great in terms of quality on the platform they were created for?

I have never disagreed more with anyone on this forum ever. 

This could be.... Wait for it... The GREATEST DISAGREEMENT IN GAME FORUM HISTORY!

But that's not always the case. Someone could go through life believing the original Super Mario Bros is the greatest game of all time. He wouldn't be wrong, as the greatest game of all time is opinion, even when speaking in terms of quality.

But then again if people still hanging in that the past, you and i wouldn't have a discussion at the present, discussing about how great XCX is because Monolith is still making 2d world map games like Xenogeras even in Wii U. XCX is the prove

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
HollyGamer said:

Then XCX is not the greatest game like what you claimed on the previous commnet,  because you claimed that everything is shit and and want every game to be like majora Mask. ooh great i don't know how company will improve if you to be the head of Nintendo Lol

HollyGamer said:
bigtakilla said:

But that's not always the case. Someone could go through life believing the original Super Mario Bros is the greatest game of all time. He wouldn't be wrong, as the greatest game of all time is opinion, even when speaking in terms of quality.

But then again if people still hanging in that the past, you and i wouldn't have a discussion at the present, discussing about how great XCX is because Monolith is still making 2d world map games like Xenogeras even in Wii U. XCX is the prove

But is it not Monolith Softs duty as a developer to surpass Xenogears, therefore 3D maps? 

Is it wrong for Monolith Soft to look back at what is considered their "Greatest Game" to get inspiration for XCX?

Has Square lost the vision of Final Fantasy simply because they are SO worried about the past and being different than it to make a 3D game like FFVII?

If not then why not make a FFVII remake and not come out and confirm we will NOT be getting a FF VII remake until a game surpasses it?

I think these things SUPPORT what I am saying.

HollyGamer said:
Volterra_90 said:
HollyGamer said:

Then XCX is not the greatest game like what you claimed on the previous commnet,  because you claimed that everything is shit and and want every game to be like majora Mask. ooh great i don't know how company will improve if you to be the head of Nintendo Lol

When did I say that? O___o

sundin13 said:
DavidKell said:

I didn't realize nintendo owned them (my bad). But remember some console do bring their games to PC (not many i realize).

Its pretty much only Microsoft games from what I can recall, and that is because Microsoft is also a computer company. I can't think of any first party Sony/Nintendo games that have been ported by Sony/Nintendo to PC (please enlighten me if I am forgetting something).

Off the top of my head, No man's sky will be a timed exclusive on the ps4 and released on pc eventually. It won't be on the xbox one.

I agree it wont get the exposure it should being only on the WiiU. That said PC seems like the least likely location for a port of a JRPG.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.