By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X has data installs to speed up game

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/xenoblade_chronicles_x_will_use_downloadable_data_packs_to_expedite_loading_times

• Basic Pack (2GB): for basic data, like the most frequent elements of terrain, which speeds up loading within the city and on Planet Mira. [Very Effective]
  • Enemy Data Pack (2.7GB): for enemy data. Makes loading on the field even faster. [Mildly Effective]
  • Player Data Pack (3.6GB): for player data (armor, etc.). Makes loading time faster when changing equipment in shops. [Mildly Effective]
  • Doll Data Pack (1.7GB): for Doll data. Makes deployment of Dolls much faster. [Mildly Effective]

Around the Network

Makes sense, a ton of games now install on your HDD to speed up loading times. Kinda funny that these are optional tho, games on other systems would make them mandatory and call them a patch :P

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

That's not mandatory, right?

Pretty nice to have, but too bad it isn't already in the game disc...

It is quite big in size for a Nintendo type game

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Doll Data Pack for sure. The others i will see how it goes.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
That's not mandatory, right?

Right.

I'll probably get the 1st one from the get-go, and see if I need any of the others later.

My 500gb is ready

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Right... Or you can just download the whole game.

Atleast its not day-one dlc ^^