By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2

Controls are amazing, multiplayer is pretty good, single player is kind of bad.

I can hardly remember what my main criticisms of it were anymore, but they mostly involved the level design. The levels basically came down to a very linear trial-and-error style of gameplay: you go left around an obstacle, die in a couple seconds against an impossible hail of gunfire, go back to the last checkpoint, work your way back to the same spot, go down the middle, die, go back to the last checkpoint, finally, work your way back, try the right path, and get through easily. Similarly, you come across enemies blocking your way that respawn infinitely; after you mow down about 10 of them with no signs of slowing, you realize that you have to go back and kill another enemy you skipped before the respawning guy becomes "killable."

A major portion of the game comes down to things like this, where through trial and error you have to find the right path, or find the right piece of cover, or kill the enemies in the right order to progress/survive. There's only one "right" way to do things, and there's often no way to know what it is. It's all very arbitrary, and therefore frustrating. Surprisingly, none of the reviews I read mentioned this extremely obvious flaw.

With a more experienced team on the job, these controls could be taken and turned into something to rival the best FPSs ever made. I've got hope that someone will do that, even though there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon.

Around the Network

ive got it and its great every fan of fps`s should buy this game for wii i never played the campain or the arcade mode but multiplayer is great!!!

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

I'd recommend Medal of Honor Heroes 2 to any FPS fan.

First: The campaign is VERY mediocre. There are some fun bits, but also a lot of frustrating parts. Campaign is by far the worst aspect of the game.

However, you can also play all singleplayer missions in on-rails style, which is quite fun, although shallow.

The controls OWN dual analoge controls BY FAR. I'd say they are almost as accurate as mouse and keyboard, but more immersive. Some motion controls in the campaign are awkard, but online everything works perfectly and everything is customizable.

Online multiplayer is VERY good. It's pretty basic, with DM, TDM and CTF, but it supports 32 players online, has some very well designed maps (mostly outdoor, like villages and cities) and for me, has no lag whatsoever. You have a basic communication system, which works well in teamplay, but might be a bit slow for beginners.

Overall I'd rate the game a solid 8/10.

Basics: The controls rock. The levels and enemy AI suck. The multiplayer is bad - when I played there were terrible glitches, the weapon balance is severely skewed, and the game frequently spawns you right in the middle of a group of enemies. It's accessible and smooth, though, so there's hope that they can get it right.

I am not much of a fan for FPS... It's generally nothing to get excited about. The game itself is not bad, and what it boils down to, is it's better than anything else FPS available for the wii with online multiplayer support. If nothing else, buying this will help encourage better online FPS games in the future for the wii. If you are not into online multiplayer, then MP3 is better in terms of level design.

I only tried online a little bit. It seemed ok (lag not bad), but I suck at FPS and decided I should make it through the missions before I try multiplayer again. What's slightly annoying is the control scheme changes slightly between regular, online, and arcade modes.

Around the Network

Cheers all :)