By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No PS3 price cut for Australia, Official

http://www.smarthousenews.com.au/Games_And_Devices/Console?Article=/Games%20And%20Devices/Console/K2H9K2K6

No Price Cuts For PS3. Official

David Richards - Wednesday, 16 May 2007

There will be no price cuts for the PS3 in Australia as the gaming console is selling as expected claims Sony Computer Entertainment boss Michael Ephraim.

He claims that despite the lowering of build costs the product will not be cut in price as the cost of going to market in Australia is significantly higher than the US market. "Sales have gone well and between now and the Xmas selling period we see no need to cut prices as we are confident that we will reach our targets" said Ephraim.

Around the Network

"confident that we will reach our targets" said Ephraim. There you have it, i posted it in another thread, its over!!! they are too overconfident and egotistical. they are destroying a beautiful system. Oh well I hope nintendo gets some exclusives, and When i get the 360 i hope they have a library that keeps growing................Anyone wanna buy an expensive paper weight from me?? it has dust and in a box...PS3

dpmnymkrprez said:
"confident that we will reach our targets" said Ephraim. There you have it, i posted it in another thread, its over!!! they are too overconfident and egotistical. they are destroying a beautiful system. Oh well I hope nintendo gets some exclusives, and When i get the 360 i hope they have a library that keeps growing................Anyone wanna buy an expensive paper weight from me?? it has dust and in a box...PS3

if you already have a PS3 why do you care about the price cut.  Youll still get all of the games that have been announced......do you truly think that because the 360 is leading after 6 months and there wont be a price cut that devs are going to shun the PS3 in 3 years?  talk about sensationalizing.

if you already have a PS3 why do you care about the price cut. 

To build market share, which in turn, instill developers with confidence, and increases the rate of killer software released for the system.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

FishyJoe said:

http://www.smarthousenews.com.au/Games_And_Devices/Console?Article=/Games%20And%20Devices/Console/K2H9K2K6

There will be no price cuts for the PS3 in Australia as the gaming console is selling as expected claims Sony Computer Entertainment boss Michael Ephraim.

He claims that despite the lowering of build costs the product will not be cut in price as the cost of going to market in Australia is significantly higher than the US market. "Sales have gone well and between now and the Xmas selling period we see no need to cut prices as we are confident that we will reach our targets" said Ephraim.

Technically speaking, the "No System Price Cut" announcements are usually only ensured to be accurate for (roughly) 24 hours...

Around the Network
Quantum-Tarantino said:

if you already have a PS3 why do you care about the price cut.

To build market share, which in turn, instill developers with confidence, and increases the rate of killer software released for the system.

this is about a price cut THIS YEAR through the xmas season......im pretty darn sure a price cut/non price cut will not make or break dev confidence this year.  I have yet to hear anything substantial in terms of games NOT coming to the PS3 because of market share.  Sure, games may go cross console but if you have a PS3 its not like devs are going to ignore it because its not selling like the Wii.  The PS3 is actually on pace to match or sell better than the 360 (regardless of supply constraints if we view th enew graph posted we can see th elinear movement even AFTER the supply shortage of the 360) and here the 360 sits 18 months into its lifespan and not even sold to consumers 10 million yet the 360 is glowing with quality titles with even more on the way.

A lot of people are really putting wayyyyyyy too much emphasis on this install base, and a lot of it is unsubstantiate especialy when we view the devs creating games for the 360 considering it isnt wowwing anyone with less than 10 million through 18 months WW.....if it hasnt been an issue for the 360 i dont see how we can claim this will be an issue for the PS3 in the future......it truly isnt going to be an issue, id bet my first born on it, folks, people are hyping this dev unhappiness to no ends.......youll get your games on the PS3, dont worry at all.

Wtf kind of Sh*tty A** comment did i just read from you Dmpwatevr they just said they are confident they are gonna reach their goals they didnt say were confident we will win in Aus. They just said they are on target how the hell is that being overconfident if anyone is too confident it is nintendo and all you blasted nintendogz on this site.

Well a price cut may or may not come, but you will NEVER see a company announce a price cut more than a few days before it happens.

steverhcp02 said:
dpmnymkrprez said:

if you already have a PS3 why do you care about the price cut.  Youll still get all of the games that have been announced......do you truly think that because the 360 is leading after 6 months and there wont be a price cut that devs are going to shun the PS3 in 3 years?  talk about sensationalizing.

if you have the ps3 then keep it and just but a 360. i was just like that when i brought a wii and ps3 first but after seeing 360 great lineup a brought one this year.

HappySqurriel said:
FishyJoe said:

Technically speaking, the "No System Price Cut" announcements are usually only ensured to be accurate for (roughly) 24 hours...

What you said is true but with some bad logic.  If its the ONLY system out for 18months why wouldn't developers make games for it to try to make money its just logical. They started those projects long before wii and ps3 come out.