By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I go digital on Wii U?

So... should I?

Yes. 46 52.27%

No. 42 47.73%

Total:88

Lately I've been observing the prices of Nintendo games here in Brazil after their official distributor decided to leave the country, and the games are getting very expensive and difficult to find in stores. For example, Mario Party 10 here costs between 73-86 dollars depending on where you search for it, so it's way cheaper to buy the new releases directly from the eShop. I really like to collect the games, and some future releases I'll make sure to buy the physical copy (Mainly Xenoblade X and Zelda), but in this case I really think there's no other option, so please help me decide if I should just deal with it and give up on retail until it becomes cheaper again =P

Around the Network

I would mostly say no, but in this case yes. Just aslong as you have enough space and SD cards and what not

Yea if the prices of physical vs digital is that different, I would! The main reason why I have 300 games on Steam for example is because the digital copy of various titles are a lot cheaper than the retail copy!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah, probably.

I normally go for physical since the price is the same for both versions, but if costs more to go physical, I'd just buy the digital version

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I've been going digital with more and more games with no issue. I made sure to get a external with enough storage for my needs. I even plan on getting XCX digital. Otherwise I'm ordering online and waiting a extra week for delivery, or I'm driving hundreds of miles and wasting tons of gas to get it in a store. If the price is lower than how much you would need to spend for physical, then I say do it.

Around the Network

I wouldn't unless its a great deal since games aren't linked to your account so you could easily re download them.

There's something to be said for switching games on the fly. I honestly wish Gamestop or someone had a trade-in deal worked out with Nintendo. They buy the game and Nintendo gives you a 50% discount. Better yet, why doesn't Nintendo just offer that deal themselves. Owning a physical copy of a game (registered) should get you some kind of a discount digitally, right?

I pretty much have but I have chosen to not add an external hdd. Instead I just delete games I'm no longer playing. Next Nintendo system will be solely digital for me. I am not interested in discs.

I live in Uruguay, and i went digital a ehile ago. Its the obly way to go here in south america if you want to save money.

Yes, definitely, I buy physical copies but there isn't so much difference between digital/physical. Obviously, if you went digital, you would have to buy an external hard drive compatible with the WiiU (only 32Gb of storage space), I don't know if in your country these are too expensive