By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Finally finished the Metroid Prime Trilogy

DerpSandwich said:
Some of my very favorite games. Watching my wife work through the Trilogy right now. And seeing it all again, now I'm completely certain that as far as console Metroids go, I want nothing but Prime, hands down. 2D is perfect for handhelds, but this just feels like the way the series is supposed to play on a console. I keep dreaming about what a current-gen Metroid could look like...

And then I remember that Nintendo is basically out of the AAA business, and that if a Metroid game comes to Wii U it will almost undoubtedly be a smaller, most likely 2D game, because that's what Nintendo's all about now. And I get sad.

What do you mean?  The new Zelda and Xenoblade games look massive compared to their predecessors.  

Around the Network

I still need to finish the first game in the trilogy... ugh lol

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

marley said:
DerpSandwich said:
Some of my very favorite games. Watching my wife work through the Trilogy right now. And seeing it all again, now I'm completely certain that as far as console Metroids go, I want nothing but Prime, hands down. 2D is perfect for handhelds, but this just feels like the way the series is supposed to play on a console. I keep dreaming about what a current-gen Metroid could look like...

And then I remember that Nintendo is basically out of the AAA business, and that if a Metroid game comes to Wii U it will almost undoubtedly be a smaller, most likely 2D game, because that's what Nintendo's all about now. And I get sad.

What do you mean?  The new Zelda and Xenoblade games look massive compared to their predecessors.  

Those are a couple of the exceptions, but almost everything else just feels small.  There's definitely a chance that they come out with a huge new Metroid, but I doubt it.  They already gimped Mario, rushed Smash Bros. without a story mode, and it sounds like Star Fox is going to be small as well, at least based on the development time.  They just can't handle as many large projects at once, so I'm betting on a Metroid that can't even hold a candle to any of the Prime games, if we get one at all.  Here's hoping they prove me wrong.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

RolStoppable said:
So you've finally come around to appreciate superior controls. Good.

It was just a matter of getting used to the change. Adjusting to the way of turning and such.

But once it finally sinks in,  there's just no turning back. =P

Anyway, I don't know if it would work as well in a more arcade style first person shooter, like Call of Duty. But I would like to see how it would improve the immersion in games like The Elder's Scroll.