By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X will have paid DLC quests

daredevil.shark said:

And the responses proved Angry Joes point of view. Plus the sales of this Gen proved which company did right in this Gen. Thank you for your responses to prove Angry Joes (and now mine) point of view.

PS: If you guys want to listen angry joes point of view then go to his channel. It's right in there.

Marketing. Gaming-related PS4 is a dissapointment, only Bloodborne is a standout. It may change, I'm talking at April, 7th.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
daredevil.shark said:

And the responses proved Angry Joes point of view. Plus the sales of this Gen proved which company did right in this Gen. Thank you for your responses to prove Angry Joes (and now mine) point of view.

PS: If you guys want to listen angry joes point of view then go to his channel. It's right in there.

Marketing. Gaming-related PS4 is a dissapointment, only Bloodborne is a standout. It may change, I'm talking at April, 7th.

This is a sales site and thus marketing and sales numbers are main theme here. The reason PS4 is standout because it sells more and made profit despite selling at loss per hardware. On the contrary 3DS was selling at loss for first two years. But this is getting off topic. If you want to discuss PS4 vs others (I didn't started comparison) then I will make another thread.

daredevil.shark said:
Volterra_90 said:

This is a sales site and thus marketing and sales numbers are main theme here. The reason PS4 is standout because it sells more and made profit despite selling at loss per hardware. On the contrary 3DS was selling at loss for first two years. But this is getting off topic. If you want to discuss PS4 vs others (I didn't started comparison) then I will make another threw.

Oh we are exactly on topic. This is precisely what you wanted when you made this thread. 

And weren't you the one who tried to derail the thread with the Witcher 3 before?

RolStoppable said:
daredevil.shark said:

This is a sales site and thus marketing and sales numbers are main theme here. The reason PS4 is standout because it sells more and made profit despite selling at loss per hardware. On the contrary 3DS was selling at loss for first two years. But this is getting off topic. If you want to discuss PS4 vs others (I didn't started comparison) then I will make another threw.

You are right about this getting off-topic, so would you kindly return to the topic and answer my question?

I cant stop laughing at this... Welp im leaving now cuz i cant afford a ban. Be more active and maybe i wont lose it... Anywayz :0000

This is worrying, DLC's of only small pieces of content? I don't like where Nintendo is going with DLC lately, Smash DLC is the same with offering a single character or only costumes. I liked the DLC's that were basically expansion packs like in NSMBU, MK8 and HW because they were useful additions, but these small pieces could(and should, if they already know what they leave out to sell seperately) just as well have been in the game in the first place.

Around the Network

It could be doll parts, or costumes, or weapons that pay for with the 1000 yen card, which would be more worrying.

Personally I'd be fine with a DLC expansion coming at a later point--maybe a new area with its own main quest and new sidequests--but I'm more worried this means microtransactions are coming.

RolStoppable said:
daredevil.shark said:

Sounds like you are saying that DLC is good when Sony does it, but it's bad when Nintendo does it.

How is calling out double standards in any way condoning DLC from other companies? None of his posts say anything remotely close to that. I myself am not a fan of DLC, never have been and likely never will be, but I agree that it is strange that Nintendo's behavior is benign in their fans' eyes when they follow the market movements that are deemed greedy or malevolent when others make them. It's a perfectly fair point, especially from those of us who have been in here a long time and remember the war on DLC in the 7th generation (and even then; I never liked DLC, I hated the entire generation tbh).

Mummelmann said:
RolStoppable said:

Sounds like you are saying that DLC is good when Sony does it, but it's bad when Nintendo does it.

How is calling out double standards in any way condoning DLC from other companies? None of his posts say anything remotely close to that. I myself am not a fan of DLC, never have been and likely never will be, but I agree that it is strange that Nintendo's behavior is benign in their fans' eyes when they follow the market movements that are deemed greedy or malevolent when others make them. It's a perfectly fair point, especially from those of us who have been in here a long time and remember the war on DLC in the 7th generation (and even then; I never liked DLC, I hated the entire generation tbh).

And the Nintendo fans from back then are the exact same users that defend DLC in this thread?

I think DLC is okay for this game, monolith is a very small studio, they dont even own the rights to their own series its spread around to square, namco and nintendo. People have no problem supporting their indies in kickstarters but here is a small studio depending on funds from nitendo to make an AAA game.
You guys should buy it day 1 instead complaining. Its the same reason why i bought the season pass for the evil within, because i didnt want to see shinji mikami become irrelevant and leaving gaming. Man gave me great expeirence with games like Genma Onimusha who i picked up for 3 bucks used.

Good games should be supported beyond the 60 bucks.

forest-spirit said:
Mummelmann said:

And the Nintendo fans from back then are the exact same users that defend DLC in this thread?

1 Nintendo fan apparently mean all nintendo fans nowaday.................. :p

All jokes aside, its funny to me when i hear these comments, though i agree with mummel post most of the time, i only disagree with this Nintendo fan thing. (By a couple nintendo fans saying something, must group them altogether).

If I predict WiiU will sell 30mil, make a thread on it and have 5 people out of 100 agree with me, and then be wrong (which i would) people will only remember me and the 5 that defended 30mil sold wiiu's and group them as Nintendo Fans XD