By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem's new anime direction (RANT)

Pavolink said:
Considering Awakening was my first FE, well...
But it is like Zelda, almost every new game there's a new artstyle.

I'd say it goes by pairs. You have the NES games, which looked similar between those, the two GBA games, which had the same art style, the two console versions, which had their own same art style, and now the two 3DS games, which also feature their own same art style.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Pavolink said:
Considering Awakening was my first FE, well...
But it is like Zelda, almost every new game there's a new artstyle.

I'd say it goes by pairs. You have the NES games, which looked similar between those, the two GBA games, which had the same art style, the two console versions, which had their own same art style, and now the two 3DS games, which also feature their own same art style.

So, it is really like Zelda!

I wish to see a FE like the first cutscene in FEif announcement. It would be so epic.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

ToraTiger said:
Edit: With the amount of Anime type avatars and signatures on this site, I'm certain I've come to the wrong site to bash on anime cliches appearing in old and well loved franchises. But my point remains, nothing about the characters, setting, or story even remotely comes close to one of the good older FE games like the first one with Ike and Sacred Stones

That's just sterotypical.

NoirSon said:
My point is that nearly EVERY freaking Fire Emblem cast is filled with one dimensional characters. Nothing about Awakening is at all different then what went on in Path of Radiance or as far back as the original Famicom games.

You have your stock turn coats like Jill and Henry who help humanize the enemy with their former relationships with other characters.

You have cheerful dumb muscle like Devdan and Gregor.

Young mages that try really hard to matter but kind of suck gameplay wise because of when you get them and how much you have invest getting them experience for a average reward like Tormod and Ricken.

Grumpy sticks in the mud that help lead the hot blooded main character like Soren or Frederick or depending on how you play him or her your avatar.

Can't really compare anyone in Awakening to Naesala, save maybe Aversa, but if you think the recruitable confident rogue forced into doing bad things is something that started with PoR you are woefully missing out on a number quality RPGs and SRPGs that were released before 2005.

Plenty of the characters in POR were deep, or at least not cliches like everyone in Awakening.  

Jill was a noble girl, who idolized her father even though she was a bit evil herself, he wasn't.  Henry is just a typical shockgag dark humor anime character.

Gregor and Vaike were literally the worst written characters I've seen in a RPG in a while.  Devdan had a dark side, you have to recruit him and only reason he does is because of his soft spot for children. 

Tormod was a badass rebell kid who liked the Laguz, and Ricken was a typical weak underconfident mage who wants to help.

Fredrick  =   Typical authority figure and guardian.  Well mannered and distrustful.  That is his whole design.

Soren=   unconventional, racist, dark, brash, rude and only opened up to like 2 people throughout the game.  More deep than everyone in FE:A.  

I've seen Naesala like characters in other games, but regardless he is still probably the deepest character in the FE series.  How he gets with the other bird girl and everything.  And honestly after hearing you comparing  the characters with similar roles makes me 2x sure as how bland Awakenings characters were compared to the games with Ike in them.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

XanderXT said:
ToraTiger said:
Edit: With the amount of Anime type avatars and signatures on this site, I'm certain I've come to the wrong site to bash on anime cliches appearing in old and well loved franchises. But my point remains, nothing about the characters, setting, or story even remotely comes close to one of the good older FE games like the first one with Ike and Sacred Stones

That's just sterotypical.

*Sees avatar*

Nothing you say is credible here.  Go. 

Warned - Leadified

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Around the Network
PixelPerfect said:
ToraTiger said:

3.) The "waifus" literally made me want to pull my hair out at how stupid and unrealistic they acted. The whole game and all the female characters just came off as a 40 year old okatu's dream of marrying unrealistic anime women.   I honestly couldn't stand to listen to support  conversations, it was like I was reading a bad haram anime.

Plz

^^Yes XD

Western fan gets angry that a Japanese game is made to appeal to Japanese tastes. Accuses the developer of trying to appeal to "weeaboos" instead of, you know, Japanese people.

This is awesome and hilarious.

I get your frustrations with SMT x FE. I was hoping for something a little more... Shin Megami, and not Persona. And what`s worth, the game doesn`t seem much like either game. It seems like its own thing, but I was hoping for more... of a cross I guess. Hardly anything seems recognizable. I`m at least glad it`s still around, and I`ll give it a shot.

I don`t get the hate for the marriage system in FE:A. I thought it was great and was a nice twist to the series that we never got to see. (Marriage was in FE 4 for the SF) The conversations were great and really fun to read. I`m not sure what you were hoping for, but I enjoyed them. Seems a bit of a bummer you are dropping FE and SMT x FE over small issues in one game. The next game may end up being really great.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
I get your frustrations with SMT x FE. I was hoping for something a little more... Shin Megami, and not Persona. And what`s worth, the game doesn`t seem much like either game. It seems like its own thing, but I was hoping for more... of a cross I guess. Hardly anything seems recognizable. I`m at least glad it`s still around, and I`ll give it a shot.

I don`t get the hate for the marriage system in FE:A. I thought it was great and was a nice twist to the series that we never got to see. (Marriage was in FE 4 for the SF) The conversations were great and really fun to read. I`m not sure what you were hoping for, but I enjoyed them. Seems a bit of a bummer you are dropping FE and SMT x FE over small issues in one game. The next game may end up being really great.

Imagine Lucina summoning a terrific Demon in FE style battles. All in HD. Oh god.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wright said:

While off-topic, I didn't have anything more to contribute in this thread, but looking at Fire Emblem sprite art I came across this...eh...thing.

Felt like sharing it.

Chrom has feet? Impossibru!