By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For each PSP sold....

Wouldn't Sony have to make/ship some PSPs to worry about production costs?

Now before the Sony Fans get their pants in a bind, take a close look at the Supplemental Information that was released with the year end fiscal report.  Sony shipped ZERO PSPs to N.A. or Europe during the first three months of this year.  (Japan got 690K.)  Even worse, Sony only shipped 10K units to N.A. in their 3rd Q (end of year).  To reduce production costs, one generally needs economies of scale.  At the moment, I don't think there are enough PSPs being produced to reach those levels.  I hope Sony is taking this idle time to further refine the PSP to reduce costs, weight, energy use, etc.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network
SpaceJase said:
DS Commercials are on constantly in the UK, as are Wii commercials. I haven't seen mainstream game advertising to this extent in the UK since the PS1

I live also in Europe and I saw damned many commercials of Wii and DS, I only saw one of PS3 and two of X360.

That could be proof that the PSP2 will soon be announced. They are trying to sell off(With a Price Drop) as many systems as they can before they announce it. That way, the people who finally decide to get a PSP soon after find out that Sony is making a new model with a freaking second analog stick. That is my only gripe with the thing. If you are going to make a portable PS2, you should at least make the games play the same way in both consoles, not worst.

I forgot to add a joke regarding the title of the thread.

For each PSP sold, Iwata kills a kitten. ;)

1,000,000 VG Charts Bonus Points for the first person to create a fun graphic with that as the text.

(Note: I have no authority to grant such points.  I'd imagine their actual value to be about one billionth of a cent.  Offer void in Canada.)

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Anyone here watch tennis?

The Hamburg Masters event currently being played has on-court placards that say:

Wii move you

www.wii.com

Around the Network
DonWii said:
That could be proof that the PSP2 will soon be announced. They are trying to sell off(With a Price Drop) as many systems as they can before they announce it. That way, the people who finally decide to get a PSP soon after find out that Sony is making a new model with a freaking second analog stick. That is my only gripe with the thing. If you are going to make a portable PS2, you should at least make the games play the same way in both consoles, not worst.

It will probably be a "PSP Advance" but not a successor.

And yeah, it probably will have two analogy thumbsticks albeit a bit smaller than what's on a PS2 controller.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

...an angel loses its wings.