By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Market Share by E3 2015

Will PS4 achieve 50% market share by E3 2015?

Yes 43 69.35%

No 5 8.06%

Too close to call 12 19.35%

See numbers 2 3.23%

Total:62

GIven the recent trend of numbers coming out recently I believe that it is probable that the PS4 will achieve a market share of over 50% by E3 2015.

Currently the install bases stand at PS4 20.5 million and XboxOne/WiiU 21.2 million so there is only a 0.7 million console difference as at the 7th March 2015.

As E3 2015 begins on June 16th there are 14 weeks worth of sales between the March 7th figures and then so the difference between the PS4 and XboxOne/WiiU sales needs to be 50k per week in the PS4's favor.

I believe that this is well within the capability of the PS4 and recent numbers support this. I see little to boost the PS4, Xbox One and WiiU enough to disrupt this trend other than Bloodborne for the PS4.

What do you think?

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network

I think It'll reach 50% marketshare week ending May 2nd, that's been my prediction for a while.

I agree with you.

Not if this site only wants to update its weekly numbers a month at a time.

Barkley said:

I think It'll reach 50% marketshare week ending May 2nd, that's been my prediction for a while.

It would have to sell 100k a week more than the XboxOne/WiiU to achieve that.

Still given the critical reception of Bloodborne (92 metacritic) I believe that may boost sales. I don't think it's as niche as people say.

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Not if this site only wants to update its weekly numbers a month at a time.

Just because we did not know about it at the time does not mean it did not happen.

Where you either win

or you DIE

Dr.Vita said:
I agree with you.

So do I.

Where you either win

or you DIE

Maybe just after E3, when the batman bundle drops.

akhmenhawk said:
Maybe just after E3, when the batman bundle drops.

While I think it may reach >50% market share by E3 2015 I think with the Batman bundle it will centainly reach 50% market share.

Where you either win

or you DIE

Already above 50%.