By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Insider: "Nintendo aims to recapture hardcore market with NX"

Totally forgot about april fools. Read the article at facevalue. Belirved the whole thing but then blood and profanity in Zelda mario pokemon came and i was convinced it was a hoax. Reading the comments about april fools made iz clear to me

Around the Network

Nintendo never had the "hardcore L337D00D" market. That is something that was made up by angry basement dorks as an attempt to get respect for being losers. There is one truth about little smelly dorks who yell "I am a hardcore gamer, not a loser!" That is that they hate Nintendo and have never been Nintendo fans.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

if any of that was true i would probably agree with iwata's assesment in that the change in 3rd party support and power would still produce a system that the "hardcore" market doesn't really care about. I'm pretty sure if you're a cool kid nowadays then you hate on nintendo. Pretty sure that's the wii's fault too. Nintendo can win back that marketshare, but it will take a marketing overhaul and probably 2 generations of consoles before they could compete for the top.