By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would you legalizate prostitution?

Would you?

Yes, I would. 141 77.05%

No, I wouldn't. 22 12.02%

This is a matter I can't truthfully answer. 7 3.83%

This is a matter I don't care, at all. 6 3.28%

I don't want to answer. 7 3.83%

Total:183

i dont think thats the biggest problem spain has...

Around the Network

Legalised, regulated and taxed. Those doing it as a profession, male or female, would need a licence and have regular checks.

Then, I have the same view with many drugs, tax and regulate them and while people might complain about the government getting their hands on the money, it'll be safer.

Doesn't mean use either service.

Hmm, pie.

Keeping it illegal won't make it go away. Regulating it and taxing it would probably make it safer for everyone involved.

Yes, I would legalize it.

And the reasons are that it would only bring good things:

1-Prostitutes/gigolos would have a legal job. That means no more hiding and being able to work under better and safer conditions.

2-Prostitutes/gigolos could become a self-employer type of worker that guarantees them a pension for their work once they are old. Nowadays they must rely on what they will safe.

3-With prostitution recognized as a legal job, other professions could adapt their current business to suit their needs. I'm talking about pharmacies, medical clinics, lawyers, etc.

4-Clients of those services will be safer, because I'm assuming that authorities will force sex-workers to pass regular medical exams to ensure that they have no STDs.

5-With legal prostitution and brothels, mafias and other criminal organizations would have little reason to keep their sexual (and the human traffic side of it) business, at least in Spain.

6-The government will increase their income.

Etc.

I mean, what's the profit we get from keeping it as it is now?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

"Website Feedback"?
Did you mean "Politics Discussion"?

Around the Network

Prostitution legalized is fine by me, but would expect regulations such as no human tracking and no pimping.

Everyone has the right to do whatever they want with their body, be it male or female. End of story.

Taxed... lol.. like you really are gonna asked a receipt for the services provided...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Shouldn't this be under politics?

And yes, even if I think it is immoral. I would rather people be safe and have ways to escape and for protection.

It should be legal, since it's not a government's job to be the Moral Police. Not unless you also ban infidelity, failing to tithe to your church, etc.

This is where conservatives in the US political system are wrong. They always say we should follow the Constitution and limit government involvement, yet they're the same people who want to ban all of the things they don't like. I don't see prostitution written anywhere in the Constitution. You either want to give people the freedom to make their own mistakes, or you want to run an authoritarian society. I would always choose the former.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.