By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo Ramp Up Budget/Scope on Star Fox?

Will Star Fox be awesome?

Yes, it will fill the voi... 18 26.09%

No, it's probably still ... 32 46.38%

Yes, because it's Star Fox. 19 27.54%

Total:69
Goodnightmoon said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Platinum Games is making Scalebound for Microsoft. 

Yeah, is wishfull thinking. But after this, is not impossible. 

Color me...impressed?

Around the Network

I think like Star Fox are probably cheaper to make compared to other popular games these days but I don't see it as a budget title. Even though they didn't actually show it last year, the game was in a playable form around the time of last year's E3. And they said it still had at least another year of development left. So while it won't be a super expensive game, I really don't think it'll be a budget title either.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

To be entirely honest with you. I think it is going to be more of an experimental title. I don't think it is going to be nearly as big or as good as past Star Fox games. Though I really hope I am wrong on this, but from what Miyamoto has said about the game. It sounds like it's a side project he is working on. He is working on many games including a next gen Mario game from my understanding.

It is definitely too late. If they wanted to change the scope of the game, then that game too would be delayed a year.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

and risk that being delayed too? no way.

Around the Network

We really dont know is Star Fox budget title or not.

I dont think that is budget title

"We originally began working with Star Fox back on Wii, and we had a small group of people experimenting with it for many years, maybe about six years," Miyamoto revealed. "But we didn't find an idea that really brought that together for the Wii. So instead we moved experimentation to the Wii U using some of the same assets. It's been maybe 6 to 10 months that we've been experimenting with it."

I hope this game has cinematic approach to expand upon Fox's character. After Command he's been nothing but a character we remember because of Smash Bros

I'm expecting a HD N64 remake style rehash low budget game because that is what the most vocal Nintendo fans want, because they don't like seeing their franchises evolve.

Goodnightmoon said:
Ljink96 said:

What is this? Have I been living in a corner for so long, not to have played it!?

This, my good sir, is just one of the reasons why Bayonetta 2 is so freaking amazing.

Man, I have to get this. Have a Wii U but never played Bayonetta. I guess Platinum working on Star Fox isn't out of the question.