By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Handheld Ever?

?

GB 17 6.01%

GBC 8 2.83%

GBA 44 15.55%

DS 42 14.84%

3DS 76 26.86%

GameGear 2 0.71%

PSP 35 12.37%

PSV 54 19.08%

Other (Please specify) 5 1.77%

Total:283
Eddie_Raja said:
Samus Aran said:

The PSP doesn't do any of those things well either. Who the hell watches movies on such a tiny screen with poor resolution? Who uses the PSP to browse the internet when there were much better options?

For 2004 it had an  excellent screen with great colors and nearly 3x the resolution of the DS.  Back then there weren't any portable options besides bulky laptops.  

So if you loved the DS, good for you.  But please don't try to pretendthe DS is anything it wasn't or downplay the clear advantages the PSP had over it. 

I never owned a DS, but I would still never watch a movie on a small screen or browse the internet on a PSP.

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
d21lewis said:

I did.  I still have a library of movies converted to PSP format.  I think the last one I did was Premium Rush before I retired it.  I thought it was awesome! 

Thank you.  Some one else gets it.  I had Black Hawk down, and a bunch of other TV shows and movies like arrested development.

My PSP was used for EVERYTHING.  Saved tons of pics to it.  Had hundreds of songs on it.  Had tons of movies.  Hell, I swear the PSP is the reason I leanred to pirate!  Bought every UMD except a couple as digital releases.  Still have over $300 in comics for it.  Tons of PS1 and "Minis".  That console was my life.  And this was in 2009!!  Can't imagine how I would have felt if I got it earlier.  Now, I have a Vita and a lot of PSP games (they all transferred) got more playtime than even 90% of the Vita or 3DS games I own.

I could say more about it but I don't have to.  Nothing to prove to anybody.  I own/own multiple GB, GBA, DS, PSP, and 3DS consoles and one Vita.  Like I said, no console provided me with more joy.  It lost in sales but I don't care. 

Samus Aran said:
Eddie_Raja said:

For 2004 it had an  excellent screen with great colors and nearly 3x the resolution of the DS.  Back then there weren't any portable options besides bulky laptops.  

So if you loved the DS, good for you.  But please don't try to pretendthe DS is anything it wasn't or downplay the clear advantages the PSP had over it. 

I never owned a DS, but I would still never watch a movie on a small screen or browse the internet on a PSP.

That's you.  Not us.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

d21lewis said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Thank you.  Some one else gets it.  I had Black Hawk down, and a bunch of other TV shows and movies like arrested development.

My PSP was used for EVERYTHING.  Saved tons of pics to it.  Had hundreds of songs on it.  Had tons of movies.  Hell, I swear the PSP is the reason I leanred to pirate!  Bought every UMD except a couple as digital releases.  Still have over $300 in comics for it.  Tons of PS1 and "Minis".  That console was my life.  And this was in 2009!!  Can't imagine how I would have felt if I got it earlier.  Now, I have a Vita and a lot of PSP games (they all transferred) got more playtime than even 90% of the Vita or 3DS games I own.

I could say more about it but I don't have to.  Nothing to prove to anybody.  I own/own multiple GB, GBA, DS, PSP, and 3DS consoles and one Vita.  Like I said, no console provided me with more joy.  It lost in sales but I don't care. 

Amen again!  Yeah having the PSP in 2005 was amazing lol!  I basically had smartphone apabilities years before most.  I loved that thing, hell Medal of Honor Heroes was the first online MP game I really got into!  32 player FPS MP with tons of maps and gamemodes to choose from on a handheld!  I felt like I was living in the future.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Samus Aran said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Please don't make me laugh.  Like I want to watch movies on that garbage screen or browse the laggiest web browser on Earth years after the PSP was doing it from day 1.

The PSP doesn't do any of those things well either. Who the hell watches movies on such a tiny screen with poor resolution? Who uses the PSP to browse the internet when there were much better options?

Perhaps you missed it but psp has ps in it which means PlayStation. Everything is better if it has PlayStation in its name

Around the Network

glad to see people talk like that about the psp... sad to see it at only 12.64% of the votes.

My fondest memories have to be with GBA

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

PS Vita.

The library as of today is outstanding, plus remote play with my PS4, plus all those playable PS1 games.

Best handheld I've ever owned.

PSP. Probably the most used of all my portables. It played PSP/PS1 games and was the first dedicated gaming device I've owned with decent multimedia playback. And boy, when the homebrew scene hit.. THAT just made it. Brilliant little machine, and to this day I still find the graphics on it quite impressive (considering how old the thing is).

Oh, and it had great little games on it too.

i only owned 3 handheld and i love all of them
1) 3ds
2) gbcolour
3)psp

dont get me wrong, psp has some really awesome games, but i like nintendo games in handheld more

sry for my bad english - it is not my 1st language