By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rate this generation (so far)

Your professional score?

1 15 6.12%

2 7 2.86%

3 12 4.90%

4 15 6.12%

5 34 13.88%

6 50 20.41%

7 52 21.22%

8 35 14.29%

9 14 5.71%

10??? 11 4.49%

Total:245

4/10. Almost nothing interesting, everything seems broken and/or underwhelming. It's the first time in my gaming life that I haven't thought "It's a great time to be a gamer." In fact it seems like a pretty shitty time to be a gamer to me.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network

7/10 based on all platforms. 8.5 based on my main (PC). I expect a 8/10 for all platforms by years end and 9/10 by the end of 2016. I don't get the negative hype at all.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

5/10
Nothing but failed hype, delays, remasters, and disappointments.

One of the worst console gens ever so far.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

5/10

Quite a few disappointments already early in the gen along with recently more games being delayed. 2015 is looking like it will be better by the end of the year and 2016 is shaping up to be good which is great. There's a few games out which have caught my eye (Smash, Bayonetta 2, Sunset Overdrive, Bloodborne) but overall I feel like I could have waited until late this year or 2016 until I really felt like I had to own a new console. Handhelds have been pretty decent though, lots to play on there and I've been pretty satisfied.

8/10, a lot of great small games, very few great AAA games but still the ones like Resogun or Helldivers made me play for hours and hours over weeks and months.

(Z->)90°-(E-N²W)90°t=1

Around the Network

The gen just started. It's got another 5 years to go at least. 3DS is the only system even close to being retired (unless you count the Vita, which doesn't look like it will ever be 'officially' retired by Sony), and it's pretty great, but I still wouldn't give it a rating as it still has a year and a half left for sure, possibly longer.